Camera result and illumination issue

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
TareqPhoto

Camera result and illumination issue

#1 Post by TareqPhoto » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi all again,

I do have problem connecting my full frame cameras to my microscope, i always get that circle like fisheye effect and not wide-field filling the frame one, so how to solve this?

Also, the illumination light doesn't spread the light uniform, i really don't know what is the method to avoid this, looking at it with eyepieces by eyes it is just fine, only when i use the camera it is always throwing bright light to the center, no matter i move the condenser up and own or even the stage up and down, i don't think the microscope is bad, maybe it is just the connection to cameras aren't solving the issue, and this happen to even another cameras with smaller sensors like webcams type, and it happens either using the ocular or one of eyepiece place, with eyepiece place it is less issue but still there.

All above are only from full frame cameras [Sony, Canon]

einman

Re: Camera result and illumination issue

#2 Post by einman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:56 pm

You may need a photo eyepiece between the camera and the microscope and/or an extension tube. It is best to post a photo of your set-up so the experts can comment.

TareqPhoto

#3 Post by TareqPhoto » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:03 pm

einman wrote:You may need a photo eyepiece between the camera and the microscope and/or an extension tube. It is best to post a photo of your set-up so the experts can comment.
I will post my setup soon once i take images.

PeteM

#4 Post by PeteM » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:47 pm

As suggested earlier, you likely need a photo lens in front of your camera sensor. Even without that, however, you may find that a crop of your circular image can still give a good result.

It looks to me like something is out of line (likely the condenser) leading to a sort of darkfiled/oblique look to your images -- and thus the uneven illumination you wondered about. Might want to read up on "Kohler" illumination and follow the steps as an exercise in getting even illumination.

TareqPhoto

#5 Post by TareqPhoto » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Here is my setup
Attachments
Side
Side
_DSC3801.jpg (315.48 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
Front
Front
_DSC3800.jpg (289.64 KiB) Viewed 3814 times

Radazz

#6 Post by Radazz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm

I’ve only used this type of camera with a .5x adapter so I can’t say for sure if that would help or not.
However it will restrict the field of view. You could correct the vignetteing in post.

The images don’t look so bad to me, the last one looks like oblique illumination. Could something be straying between the illuminator and the condenser? Do you have a filter tray, and is it empty?
Are all of the leaves in the field iris functioning correctly?

Just throwing out some ideas.

Radazz
Arnold, Missouri
Olympus IX70
Olympus BX40
Olympus SZ40