Help Choosing Camera for Recording Video with New Setup

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
OgreKZ

Help Choosing Camera for Recording Video with New Setup

#1 Post by OgreKZ » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Well met!

My son has been adamant for the past year that he wants to get into Microscopy and wants to create a YouTube channel to document his explorations and discoveries.
I am a newbie to microscopy, but have been watching videos and browsing around this forum to gather as much information as possible.

I have been looking at the AmScope T490B-PL -->
https://www.amscope.com/compound-micros ... ion_tabbed

Since he will most be recording video, I am thinking the plan objectives would be better suited. I also like that he can later add a Dark Field condenser to switch things up a bit.

My biggest challenge has been finding information regarding the proper camera setup. I have seen several discussions regarding cameras for taking pictures, but not much regarding the recording of video.
He will be uploading his videos in 1080p and I would like to have a bit of focus on frame speed. I also would like to make sure that if there is any proprietary software required, that it become another hurdle.

My idea budget for the camera is around $300-400, but I am open to all suggestions.
Also, are there any other factors to consider if he wanted to use the camera for recording dark field as well?

Thanks in advance for your advice and I cannot wait to see the look on his face when he discovers his first microbe!