Visiting these forums

Posts that are not microscopy-related should be placed here.
Pat Thielen

Visiting these forums

#1 Post by Pat Thielen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:16 am

Hey!

I just wanted to thanks everyone for being so kind and helpful to those of us who are new to the ways of the microscope, or who may have been around them for awhile but need help to advance to the next level. I've seen only positive things here and I really appreciate it; the sharing of knowledge and lack of egos is incredibly refreshing. With the elections here in the U.S. dragging me down (as much as I try to not let them) I realized how uplifting the people here on this site are. I think it is a really awesome thing to log on to a forum made up of the geekiest people I've ever encountered, read the posts, and suddenly I feel better again. You quite literally remind me of the goodness of humanity, and during these rather apprehensive times I can't begin to describe how important that is.

Thanks! :D
Pat Thielen
Motic BA310, C & A Scientific Premiere SMZ-07, Swift Eleven-Ninety, Swift FM-31, Bausch & Lomb VM349, Olympus CHA
Nikon d810

Dale

Re: Visiting these forums

#2 Post by Dale » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:51 am

Amen. What elections? Yeah Cubs, Go seahawks, hurray Huskies.
Dale
B&L Stereozoom 4. Nikon E600. AO Biostar 1820.

billben74

#3 Post by billben74 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Pat. I'll just add that I concur with your message and say things are really no better at all in the UK.
Politics seems to be very depressing at the moment (at least to me a you Pat).
Having fine, reasonable people to share the enjoyment of this wonderful hobby with also affords me respite from world.

einman

#4 Post by einman » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:09 pm

With that said E.O Wilson or Thomas Eisner?? Just joking..!! This forum is the best and I have participated in many. Many of the others I have had to deal with too many egos and individuals intent on demonstrating their intellectual prowess. This forum is refreshing by comparison. Most professional scientists recognize the contributions made to any science by avid amateur enthusiasts. This is forum is full of just that type of individual.