Interference contrast? Interphako or Jamin-Lebedeff or Mach-Zehnder

Here you can discuss different microscopic techniques and illumination methods, such as Brightfield, Darkfield, Phase Contrast, DIC, Oblique illumination, etc.
tardigrade37

Interference contrast? Interphako or Jamin-Lebedeff or Mach-Zehnder

#1 Post by tardigrade37 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone here use these methods? I have a ZEISS Jena Perval with Interphako that has some misalignment issues that have prevented me from extensive use. I also have a full Jamin-Lebedeff setup, but it is finicky. I would love to add a Leitz Mach-Zehnder to my collection, but those are hen's teeth!

I would love to find others using these unique techniques.

Wes

Re: Interference contrast? Interphako or Jamin-Lebedeff or Mach-Zehnder

#2 Post by Wes » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:14 pm

I have a Jamin-Lebedeff condenser but no matched objectives and beam recombiners. Its a set of techniques I'm quite interested in learning more about and trying for myself but as you said these are extremely difficult to find. If its not too much I'd love to see your Jamin-Lebedeff set and some microscopic images taken with it along with your personal impressions.
Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel

tardigrade37

#3 Post by tardigrade37 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi Wes,

Yes, I would be happy to share my experiences and some photos. It will take a bit for me to get everything set up again..

Coincidentally, a complete JL set just showed up on Ebay, the first I have seen in years. The price tag is quite steep, but I suspect most of these are now in the hands of their permanent owners.

Wes

#4 Post by Wes » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Nice, I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

I saw the JL set, looks really cool but $5000 would leave a hole too large for my hobby budget.
Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel