Leitz 1st generation Ortholux DarkField?

Here you can discuss different microscopic techniques and illumination methods, such as Brightfield, Darkfield, Phase Contrast, DIC, Oblique illumination, etc.
dzarren

Leitz 1st generation Ortholux DarkField?

#1 Post by dzarren » Thu May 07, 2020 11:01 pm

I have one of the first generation Ortholuxes, and I am very interested in doing darkField microscopy.

Most things I see online suggest the Darkfield condenser, but how can I use my microscope with the Berek Condenser to do Darkfield?

Where in the optical train do i place a circular blockade? Can I place it right on the glass plate below the condenser, or must i place it somewhere else?

Is it possible to do darkfield with the setup i have currently? ( I need better and brighter lighting, but asides from this)

Thanks for reading!

75RR

Re: Leitz 1st generation Ortholux DarkField?

#2 Post by 75RR » Fri May 08, 2020 2:37 am

I do think that those early 'black' Ortholux are quite beautiful - congratulations.
Most things I see online suggest the Darkfield condenser, but how can I use my microscope with the Berek Condenser to do Darkfield?
Have a look at this Micscape article and the references at the bottom of the page: http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/ind ... field.html
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)