Hello from Poland!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
ewieckow

Hello from Poland!

#1 Post by ewieckow » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:11 pm

I am a nature educator, biology teacher, currently on another maternity leave. After studying Cell Biology, I forgot a lot about microscopy, but I always wanted to connect my profession with optics.
Currently, thanks to the help of an excellent Polish photographer from Suwałki, I put together my microscope on a micro-scale, which took about 2 years. The microscope is the Olympus
BH-2, or actually the BHS. Currently, I have two SPlan Apo 10x and 40x lenses, polarization, and a patch stop for a 10x lens. I only spent a few days at the microscope and I took some nice shots of citric acid. I have problems with mundane things, such as with a good quality photograph of blood cells or shooting a sharp film with Water Bear using my AGE NIKON D3200 DSLR, or a solution that allows you to show a live image from the DSLR on a laptop screen.
I will be looking for your help on the forum because I have to learn everything from scratch.
Best wishes!
Attachments
Kwas cytrynowy-16zmniejszone.jpg
Kwas cytrynowy-16zmniejszone.jpg (183.12 KiB) Viewed 1962 times
Kwas cytrynowy-14izmniejszone.jpg
Kwas cytrynowy-14izmniejszone.jpg (224.98 KiB) Viewed 1962 times
Mój mikroskop1zmniejszony.jpg
Mój mikroskop1zmniejszony.jpg (116.44 KiB) Viewed 1962 times

PeteM

Re: Hello from Poland!

#2 Post by PeteM » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:41 am

Welcome, Ewelina. Both your microscope and your images are excellent - you're off to a great start.

I'm curious - what ages are your students? Several of us here also work in some form of education or another.

Greg Howald

#3 Post by Greg Howald » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:01 pm

Thanks for posting such beautiful images. Greg

ewieckow

#4 Post by ewieckow » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Actually, I want to go to schools and offer additional workshops for students, do a biological show. Before the maternity leave, I worked in primary school for the first year. I plan to create my program which will include primary and secondary school. I'm currently looking for inspiration. I am a mother of 3 children and I am 32 years old.
I invite you to my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/biologia_z_zi ... kapelusza/

ewieckow

#5 Post by ewieckow » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:13 pm

Thank you Greg!

PeteM in which form of EDUCATION are you acting?
Do you have any patents on microscopy in education that you are happy to share?