Hello from Sweden, Stockholm

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
gregersahlefeldt

Hello from Sweden, Stockholm

#1 Post by gregersahlefeldt » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi
I am Gregers and live outside Stockholm. I have a soil, gut, blood interest and so I check out microbes in soil for growing and compost tea development, haven't done much gut examination yet : ) ..... read about gut microbes and balance, and are checking out live blood analysis - darkfield, phase contrast.
I am getting a zeiss axioskop tomorrow with plan fluor objectives 4, 10, 40 and 100 oil, looking to fit it with a phase-contrast condenser coming in from USA Have an leica DMIL led S35 for the soil and petri stuff, with 5, 10, 40 phase contrast setupp, and an Hoffman addition on the way. Both are trinocular, but I haven't figured out the camera setup on them both, happy for some help. I have a toupak 14 mb camera but I dont think the pics look that great, especially not with darkfield, that I am doing on an older kyowa SM KE with phase contrast and darkfield. Have two older leitz, one SM Lux and one ?, and 2 polarizing older leitz that I got off an auction, haven't figured out routines for the polarization microscopes yet either. Happy for help.
And a Reichert measuring microscope for surface microscopic, that I am going to look at fossils with, looking for microbes.
So a mixed bag with microbes as a red thread.
Hoping especially to find kindred spirits with similar interest and help with the photographic aspect. I have a Sony Handycam pj810, 1/4 sensor that I was hoping to connect rather than having to get a full sensor camera ......, the DMIL led leica has an other mount than I expected. Have an ocular adapter with T2 fitting and fitting rings to connect the sony.
Other than that married, a father of 5, chiropractor and sailing enthusiast.
Gregers

BramHuntingNematodes

Re: Hello from Sweden, Stockholm

#2 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:30 pm

hmm quite a broad range moreover you could collect marine diatoms whilst sailing
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

hkv

#3 Post by hkv » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:08 pm

Welcome Gregers, I am also from Stockholm. Plenty of knowledge on this site to sort out most of the issues you will face in this fascinating hobby. As mentioned, collecting Diatoms in Mälaren is fantastic and I normally drag a net after the boat when going out with my family on boat trip. Always plenty of diatoms and cyanobacterias to study.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/micromundus
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/micromundusphotography
Web: https://hakankvarnstrom.com
Olympus BX51 | Olympus CX23 | Olympus SZ40 | Carl ZEISS EVO LS 10 Lab6 | Carl Zeiss Jena Sedival

gregersahlefeldt

#4 Post by gregersahlefeldt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:40 pm

yes, will check out diatomes .... and hunt some more nematodes : )