Hello from Minnesota!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Minnesota Man

Hello from Minnesota!

#1 Post by Minnesota Man » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:23 pm

Hello everyone! Here's a little bit about me.
I enjoy a lot of things, my main passion is in motorsport but I am also interested in other things as well. I like rock hunting and observing things under my microscope.
As for experience, I'm a hobbyist. Whenever I see something I don't know about, I try to find out what it is and learn about it. Figured joining this forum would help greatly with getting help identifying stuff and possibly get help with microscope maintenance.
I own an Omax M82EZ (On a budget) and it works for me. I don't have the easiest of times taking pictures of what I find since I don't have any cameras for the microscope, I instead use my phone and point it through the eyepiece. Although the pictures I get aren't of amazing quality (I probably need to give the lenses a good cleaning as well), I still get some neat pictures! (I would attach some pictures but the file sizes are too big. If anyone knows a good way to decrease the file size I'll make sure to post a couple in it's respective forum)
"The Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell"
-Middle School

Sabatini

Re: Hello from Minnesota!

#2 Post by Sabatini » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:30 pm

Hello and welcome.
Try to take a screenshot of the photo then resize it and upload it. I hope it works for you.

Minnesota Man

#3 Post by Minnesota Man » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:04 pm

Thanks, it did work! :D
"The Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell"
-Middle School

Rossf

#4 Post by Rossf » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:56 am

G’day Minnesota Man-there are some good phone adapters that sit in the eyepiece and make the phone photo taking a lot easier-check out Oliver’s vid on them on his Microbe Hunter channel-I’ve got a decent camera but it’s a bit fiddly to set up and thinking of getting one myself if I just want a quick set up.they adjust to all sorts and sizes of phones.
Here’s a link to Oliver’s video on the Swift smartphone adapter for microscopes. Looks well designed.

https://youtu.be/ZQUxmHl4xf0

Have fun regards Ross