Hello from Trinidad

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Accuruss

Hello from Trinidad

#1 Post by Accuruss » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:09 am

Hello all, new here saying hi.

I'm an engineer working in the oil/gas industry and have a small collection of "bugs", fossilized foraminifera, tiny trilobites and other Microfossils the Paleontologist save for me when they analyze cuttings from exploration wells. I was using a kids microscope for years to watch them but recently decided to upgrade to start photographing them and explore more of the microscopic world outside mm sized fossils. I grabbed a swift 380T off ebay that I'm still learning as it's a bit of a step up from a toy scope so expect a few newbie questions. Hope to learn from you guys and gals in here as I start to explore the sub mm world :D
Last edited by Accuruss on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Javier

Re: Hello from Trinidad

#2 Post by Javier » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 am

Welcome!

Rapidray

#3 Post by Rapidray » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:46 am

Welcome!
That’s great that they save you some interesting stuff.
OMAX M83

Rossf

#4 Post by Rossf » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:33 am

Hi Acuruss-I’d love to see photos of your micro fossils one day in the groups photography section!-sounds like a very cool project-I’ve got some amber with an ant in it-I wonder if microbes get fossilised in certain conditions or substances?
Have fun
Regards ross

Accuruss

#5 Post by Accuruss » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 pm

As soon as I learn the scope will definitely post some photos

zzffnn

#6 Post by zzffnn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:55 am

Hello, Accuruss and welcome.

Would you be interested in trading some samples (it doesn't have to be microscopic sized)? I will pay all related shipping costs (your samples to me and my samples to you).

I have some foraminifera, diatoms and seashells that I offer you.

You can reach me at zzffnn at h0mail dot c0m. Please remove all spaces and replace at and 0 with @ and o.

I used to be active on this forum, but cannot follow up now due to work. I can communicate better with emails.

Best,
Frank

Accuruss

#7 Post by Accuruss » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:47 am

Tempted but in 3 months or so I'll be out again with the Paleo guys and hope to get some more samples ( hope is the key ). I can offer to send you some then as currently I have about 20 slides and only 2 are really good. Remember these come up and are separated from cuttings or cores after a drill bit has crushed the rock and any decent sized fossils.