Hi from Greece

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Andrew90i

Hi from Greece

#1 Post by Andrew90i » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi, Happy New Year from Greece!! My name is Andreas and I live in Thessaloniki.

I'm new to this forum and I am new to microscopes, I’m fun of microscopic world and I'm very excited to finally I will start examine it, I'm about to purchase a microscope and I don't know which one will suite for my best. I don't have a lot of budget to spent, approximately 300€.

The first things that I would like to observe is the Water Crystals like Dr Masaru Emoto and photogate them also in a good quality.

After that Tardigrades is the next target.

I'm waiting for your opinions and your suggestions.
Thanks.

dtsh

Re: Hi from Greece

#2 Post by dtsh » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:47 pm

I have a passing familiarity with the subject, which I will not comment on other than to say that I believe there are difficulties in replicating the results; that said, it shouldn't take a very high power microscope to see water crystals, I would think something delievering in the range of 10x-50x would be sufficient. Polarized light might be useful, I leave further comments on that to those with experience.

I would imagine your biggest challenge will be keeping the temperature stable and avoiding outside influences ssuch as air currents.

Going off magnification, probably a stereo microscope would be the easiest fit (not accounting for the challenges of stailizing the environment)