Hello from Essex, UK

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
sdani

Hello from Essex, UK

#1 Post by sdani » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:43 pm

Hi, My name is Daniel, I just got my scope (Olympus BL2 with phase contrast objectives and condenser), so finally I can start exploring the micro world. More specifically, I'm most interested in plant histology, but currently I'm lacking sufficient instrumentation. So we are hunting for rotifers and moss piglets with the kids at the moment.

My interest for plant histology is rooted (pun intended) in my undergraduate biology studies, but at that time I decided to specialize in molecular biology instead, which seemed to be more perspective. Decades passed and doing fully computer based work, I started missing the lab and the amazing beauty and symmetry of the world of plants. And what better time could anyone choose to start a long desired hobby than the lockdown? So here we are.

My three years old son and my thirty years old microscope:

Hobbyst46

Re: Hello from Essex, UK

#2 Post by Hobbyst46 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:04 pm

Sweet kid !!!
Could be a sales promotion poster for the BH2 (not BL2) microscope. Enjoy !

sdani

Re: Hello from Essex, UK

#3 Post by sdani » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:17 pm

Haha, You're right, I obviously made a typo there. :D The photo was made the morning the package got delivered, everyone was very excited.