Hello from the Orkney Islands

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
RobCant

Hello from the Orkney Islands

#1 Post by RobCant » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:41 am

Hello glad to have joined this forum as I need some help from all you great folk. I currently work in a lobster hatchery here in orkney and I have a passion for all things marine and freshwater. I enjoy snorkelling around and being able to identify the organisms around me whether that be with the eye or microscopic. Quite a beginner at the moment but keen to get the right camera set up for my compound microscope

tgss

Re: Hello from the Orkney Islands

#2 Post by tgss » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:10 pm

Welcome to the group RobCant. Whatever questions you have or info you need I'm sure you'll get some good guidance from some very experienced group members.
Tom W.

From a currently very windy Ontario Canada, but probably not as windy as the Orkneys!

75RR

#3 Post by 75RR » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:13 pm

RobCant wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:41 am
I enjoy snorkelling around and being able to identify the organisms around me whether that be with the eye or microscopic.
Welcome.

Must say I am still trying to get my head around the idea that anyone would snorkel in Orkney (Full disclosure - I used to live in the Caribbean) :)
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Scarodactyl

#4 Post by Scarodactyl » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Welcome! I imagine we can help with the camera setup, just make a thread in the camera subforum with some info.
75RR wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:13 pm
snorkel in Orkney
Colder waters, perhaps, but a most delightful turn of phrase.