Hi from Belgium

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Yannick

Hi from Belgium

#1 Post by Yannick » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:52 pm

Hi, I'm a 39 year old from Belgium. Will be 40 in a few weeks... And recently started to show an interest into microscopy. I still need to get my first microscope and while doing the research, I found this website and forum which gave me tremendous amount of useful information so I'm very grateful for that!
In the past, I have done a fair share of astrophotography so it's nice to see some familiar terms while looking into the microscopes.

I'm also reading up on botany which how I got my initial interest in microscopy. I can't wait to look at different details of plants, flowers, algea, ...
I also have a keen interest in insects. During the years, I have also done some extensive macro photography and during that time, I was always interested in the smaller details of the critters but I never managed to really get into it.

I do have one item on my bucket list for when I start with microscopy.... Find a tardigrade :D

I'm hoping to be active here on the forum in the near future when I have made a purchasse. Hoping to share some pictures and experiences.

Javier

Re: Hi from Belgium

#2 Post by Javier » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:53 pm

Welcome!

Having done some astrophotography sure helps with some concepts, techniques and processing software. There is a lot to learn about this fascinating hobby and this forum is always of great help, there are lots of experts here.

Hope to see you around!