A newbie from Sweden

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Jill

A newbie from Sweden

#1 Post by Jill » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:26 pm

Hi all, Im a complete newbie to microscopes! I work as a math and science teacher in Stockholm, Sweden 🇸🇪 and am trying to expand my teaching horizons. I've just borrowed my first microscope and have bought a 4K "el-cheapo on Amazon" USB microscope to play with. I'm really hoping to develop some biology lessons for my students that allows them to see into an area that used to be a walled garden not so long ago. The thing is, however, my students are literally all over the world! So everything that I do has to be for online consumption or something that can be DIY at home. So it's a bit of a challenge. BUT with Youtube etc, it's also an exciting and fun time. I look forward to reading through the forums. ..and if anyone wants to work together planning lessons some time, drop me a line!

//Jill

PeteM

Re: A newbie from Sweden

#2 Post by PeteM » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:40 pm

Jill, you might send a PM when you have enough posts here to do so. We do a kids' "Micronaut" program and would be happy to share lesson ideas.