Hello from Finland

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Jonas

Hello from Finland

#1 Post by Jonas » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:38 pm

Hi! My name is Jonas and I've always been curious about most things in nature. I recently picked up microscopy as a hobby. I've used some toy microscopes as a kid but I recently got an Amscope B120C, it's like I've entered a whole new world :D

Polymerase

Re: Hello from Finland

#2 Post by Polymerase » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:33 am

Welcome to the forum, Jonas!
tervetuloa foorumille!

You’ve just made a marvelous statement about entering a whole new world! Indeed you did! But what world did you enter? What is it you are examining and twisting you eyes and mind around?

Jonas

#3 Post by Jonas » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:58 pm

Thanks! :D Ciliates, flagellates, algae, bacteria, worms, crustaceans you name it! There's so much to explore. Right now protists in general seem the most interesting. I've never given them much thought before I got a microscope. They're everywhere :shock:

Polymerase

#4 Post by Polymerase » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:24 pm

Jonas wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:58 pm
Thanks! :D Ciliates, flagellates, algae, bacteria, worms, crustaceans you name it! There's so much to explore. Right now protists in general seem the most interesting. I've never given them much thought before I got a microscope. They're everywhere :shock:
I am pleased that you are sharing the amazement of the wonders of the hidden world of the microcosmos. What you mention is very immediately rewarding. Do not forget about bacteriae and tissue sections. These demand a bit more knowledge, but are incredibly exciting!
I wish you luck and prosperity in your coming endeavour to light up the hidden pathways of the microcosmos!