Joining from Argentina

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Bakauata

Joining from Argentina

#1 Post by Bakauata » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:19 pm

Hello!

I'm joining after several months of watching Oliver's videos and reading the forum.
I've always had a fascination with optical instruments and vintage stuff, and over the past year I've acquired a few old microscopes. The first was what used to be an Olympus ECETr I believe, but the illuminator and/or mirror were missing when I got it. I've used it with a flash light a few times to try it out.
This one has the trinocular head, so I hope to use it for photography and videos.
I plan on either adapting a new mirror to it, or making a new basic illuminator for it.

I then found a Leitz with fungus on the objectives and eyepieces, but it was only a few bucks so I bought it. Maybe I can build up a set of lenses for it.

Recently though, I bought a complete Carl Zeiss Jena Lg which is in pretty good condition. I'll be posting in the collectors forum regarding it's dating (since I still can't decide whether it's pre or post WWII), and about some operating and disassembly instructions.

Regarding the observing aspect I'd like to try and see diatoms, and see if I can got through the process of cleaning the samples etc. Will have to read up some more.

Thanks for the add, and I hope to see you in the forums.

Christian

einman

Re: Joining from Argentina

#2 Post by einman » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:38 pm

Welcome!

Javier

#3 Post by Javier » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:45 am

Welcome, Christian!

Where are you from?

We tried to start an amateur microscopy community in Argentina this year, but after several months we gave up due to the lack of interest.

Hope to see you around!

Javier.

Bakauata

#4 Post by Bakauata » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:25 pm

Javier wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:45 am
Welcome, Christian!

Where are you from?

We tried to start an amateur microscopy community in Argentina this year, but after several months we gave up due to the lack of interest.

Hope to see you around!

Javier.
Hi Javier, I'm from Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Saavedra). I'm surprised you found enough candidates to even consider starting a community!

Thanks for the welcome.

Javier

#5 Post by Javier » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:40 pm

Bakauata wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:25 pm
Javier wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:45 am
Welcome, Christian!

Where are you from?

Hope to see you around!

Javier.
Hi Javier, I'm from Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Saavedra). I'm surprised you found enough candidates to even consider starting a community!

Thanks for the welcome.
Indeed, I was fooled by the large amateur astronomy community here in Argentina. Microscopy seems to be far less popular as a hobby.

I'm in Olivos (10 minutes away from your location) and I have been observing mostly pond life from samples from the Parana's Delta for three years now. I'm also interested in observing more diatoms, which I find extremely beautiful.

Lets keep in touch!

jorymil

#6 Post by jorymil » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:34 am

Hola, Christian y Javier! Me alegro de conocerles.

John

Javier

#7 Post by Javier » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:41 pm

Nice to meet you too, John.

Bakauata

#8 Post by Bakauata » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:11 pm

Hola, John.