Hello!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
hyla

Hello!

#1 Post by hyla » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:57 pm

I am new to the forum, and I guess I'm a beginner with my microscope as well! I use a Nikon Optiphot that I bought used for the right price. I had to modify it slightly so I would be able to look at biological stuff, but it's just perfect now! I don't have a camera attachment though, so I have gotten pretty skilled at using my phone as a camera. I'm hoping to get a real camera for it eventually. I'm kind of teaching myself as I go about how to use a microscope, so I will probably have lots of questions (sorry in advance).
I became interested in microscopy from studying biology in college.

I guess that's pretty much it! :)

75RR

Re: Hello!

#2 Post by 75RR » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi hyla, welcome.
Looking forward to seeing photos of your Nikon Optiphot in the My Microscope section.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

gekko

#3 Post by gekko » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 am

Welcome, hyla! I second 75RR's request for a picture of your microscope. If I may ask, in what way did you have to modify it (I also use an Optiphot)?

JimT

#4 Post by JimT » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:24 am

Welcome to the group. Good place to learn. JimT

hyla

#5 Post by hyla » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:41 am

I had to make modifications to the base mostly. Basically I had to get a new base because when I bought it, it did not have a base light or condenser that is necessary to look at biological things. I found a base used that had a base light, reassembled everything together, and luckily it worked out! I'll try to post pictures of it!