Thanks for the add

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
jimur

Thanks for the add

#1 Post by jimur » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:15 pm

I've been interested in microscopy for several years though the going has been slow and I haven't advanced beyond newbie status. I'm using a Leitz Wetzlar microscope (circa 1980) SM-LUX 170 mm tube length and bino head. Still wish it was an older black enameled model but I'm gaining more confidence in this one with use. Like many if not most one goal is to capture the images with a dslr and share them with others. Needless to say while I've gained some ground in that area the results remain sub par and I'm satisfied my equipment can produce much better results. Hopefully I can learn some tips here by reading through posts. I've recently acquired a trinocular head and in the process of making an adapter tube for the third port parfocal to the main eyepieces. Time will tell how that goes. ;)
"You're never too old to have a happy childhood"
Leitz Wetzlar SM-LUX
Olympus IM
Canon 450D

billbillt

Re: Thanks for the add

#2 Post by billbillt » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi Jimur,

Welcome!!.. Your 1980 Leitz Wetzlar stand is every bit as good as an older black stand.. You will gain experience and soon be posting very fine photos here..

The Best,
BillT

75RR

#3 Post by 75RR » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Welcome
I've recently acquired a trinocular head and in the process of making an adapter tube for the third port parfocal to the main eyepieces.
A trinocular is definitely the way to go for taking photographs.
I spent quite some time taking photos through one of the binocular eyepieces - purchasing a trinocular was one of my better decisions. Parfocality with the binocular eyepieces is (as you say) key. Being able to fine tune the photo tube's height (usually via a fine thread) makes life much easier.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

JimT

#4 Post by JimT » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Jimur, welcome. My experience was like 75RR's, taking photos thru one of the binocular tubes. A trinocular is definitely the way to go.

jimur

#5 Post by jimur » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes and encouraging words. I'll try to not be too huge a pest as I poke around the site seeking answers to all my questions. But remember, I'll be watching and learning from you.
"You're never too old to have a happy childhood"
Leitz Wetzlar SM-LUX
Olympus IM
Canon 450D

zzffnn

#6 Post by zzffnn » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:23 pm

Welcome to the forum, Jimur.