New new super new

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
cytesightsite

New new super new

#1 Post by cytesightsite » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 pm

When I was 9 I got a microscope for Christmas with a set of prepared slides. I am 32 years old and I still have it. I LOVE microscopy. I love looking at things under microscopes and always have, but I'm a hopeless beginner. My darling hubs bought me a nice, grownup microscope a few months back and I've looked at some pond water and bugs I've found but I'm such a neophyte that I never know what I'm looking at. I feel like I have this incredible tool at my disposal that can unlock actual worlds, but I don't know how to really use it so that I can experience these worlds. I'm hoping that engaging with all of you here will help.

I'm not sure if this is how to write a forum post either- it's my first one ever.

Like I said, 'new new super new'.

yay!

JimT

Re: New new super new

#2 Post by JimT » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Cytesightsite, you couldn't be in a better place. Check out the home page; http://www.microbehunter.com/ for lots of tips, "How to's", etc.

Also, let us know what your "darling hubs" bought you.

Welcome.

Crater Eddie

Re: New new super new

#3 Post by Crater Eddie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Welcome! We like to see photos OF microscopes as well as through them ;)
CE
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope (Biolam)
Cameras: Canon T3i, Olympus E-P1 MFT, Amscope 3mp USB

georgetmacro

My first microscope

#4 Post by georgetmacro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:01 am

Welcome aboard ... I too only joined very recently. I have attached a picture of my first microscope ... also at about 8 or 9. It is one of my most treasured possessions as it was a present from my father who always seemed to instinctively know where my interests were. I am now 69 years of age. I should point out that I actually used this little microscope as a field instrument while doing my Bachelor of Science degree (BSc., biology) back in the 1980's. It is actually quite sharp for what was was a toy in it's day, the objective and eyepiece are glass amazingly.
Cheers George.
Attachments
MyFirstMicroscope.jpg
MyFirstMicroscope.jpg (170.44 KiB) Viewed 3621 times