Hello. I’m a newbie with a microscope and I’m from London UK !

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Jonnyvine

Hello. I’m a newbie with a microscope and I’m from London UK !

#1 Post by Jonnyvine » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Hello everyone, I live in London UK. I’m a fresh starter; eager, ready and exited to discover new species under the microscope. I Just bought a cheap second hand Bresser Biolux of eBay.

I am mostly looking forward to microbes that are alive and active. Mostly found in moss, pond water and so forth. I’m also looking forward to see: red blood cells, onion cells, dust mites, bacteria, water bears, rotifers, paramecium and other microbes yet unknown to me.

Thank you all for reading and viewing this post. I will start to post my findings soon. Will keep you posted ;)

KurtM

Re: Hello. I’m a newbie with a microscope and I’m from London UK !

#2 Post by KurtM » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Greetings, and welcome! If I were you, I'd join the Queckett Microscopical Club at once, or at least monitor their website (and/or FB page if you're into that) and attend some meetings and/or field outings. I say this mostly because I wish like heck I could, but Texas is a long way from England. QMC members are exceedingly knowledgeable, and there's nothing like hands-on learning in person to accelerate your progress.
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas
email: ngc704(at)gmail(dot)com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67904872@ ... 912223623/

charlie g

Re: Hello. I’m a newbie with a microscope and I’m from London UK !

#3 Post by charlie g » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Welcome, jhonnyvine. I hope your microscope 'collects' a variety of different magnification interchangeable objectives...especially a: 2X, 4X, 60X set of compatible objectives for your microscope...enjoy eBay for these upgrades for your observing. I hope you configure a comfortable work area/comfortable chair for your microscopy observing sessions.

enjoy 2018! Charlie Guevara, fingerlakes/US