Hello from Brazil

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
arthur.tarso

Hello from Brazil

#1 Post by arthur.tarso » Fri May 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm from Brazil and I just bought my first microscope. It's a very simple one, but enough for now.

I'm statistics PhD student and have no biology formation besides things I've learned on high school, so my adventure trough microscopic world is driven mostly by curiosity.

I long to learn new things about microscopes and microscopic life here in the forum, and share my interesting discoveries with you!

--Arthur
Attachments
My microscope
My microscope
WhatsApp Image 2018-05-25 at 9.36.04 AM.jpeg (112.33 KiB) Viewed 2681 times

Hobbyst46

Re: Hello from Brazil

#2 Post by Hobbyst46 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Congratulations. May you enjoy this experience. There is a lot of statistics in biology, e.g. the variance within a population of "identical" small organisms, cell behavior...

charlie g

Re: Hello from Brazil

#3 Post by charlie g » Fri May 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Welcome to a great microscopy forum, Arthur. Thanks for posting an image of your first microscope. I hope your advanced degree studies go well, I hope your studies take you to a rewarding career.

Statistically speaking..if you find the time to observe with your first microscope....the odds favor you will gather other microscopes in your home . Welcome, Charlie Guevara, finger lakes/US