Hello from Hampshire, UK

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
petea

Hello from Hampshire, UK

#1 Post by petea » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:25 am

Good morning everyone.

I have been involved in microscopy in one form or another for about 40 years and currently run a testing and consulting business related to the microbiology of materials. As a result, we do a certain amount of microscopical imaging. However, my main interest in joining this fine forum is because of my personal interest in microscopy. I now have a bit more time on my hands and I own a number of older and interesting instruments, some of which need a bit of restoration. I've made a start on this and I am also rekindling my interest in photomicrography and am keen to share experiences with like-minded folk. So, here I am.

The instruments we have include a Leitz Diaplan with both transmitted and incident lightings system (visible and UV), several Nikon bench microscopes including a metallurgical instrument plus a variety of stereo microscopes from Wild. However, my personal interest is with Reichert instruments and I have a couple of Zetopans (with both transmitted and incident lighting - again, visible and UV) a Biovert (with Phase Contrast and DIC) and a MeF2 (with DIC etc but only incident lighting at present - adding transmitted is one of the projects). Oh, and I have just bought a Wild M20 'cos it was there and looking gorgeous! ;)

Pete

MichaelG.

Re: Hello from Hampshire, UK

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:15 am

Welcome, Pete

They say 'You can't have too much of a good thing'
... It's good to see you testing that hypothesis !!

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

mrsonchus

#3 Post by mrsonchus » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 am

Welcome Pete, you've found a very nice forum full of highly-skilled, knowledgeable and above all friendly folk!

Good to have you aboard, I'm in Cumbria, Lake-District.

John B. :)
John B

charlie g

#4 Post by charlie g » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:09 am

Welcome Pete. The stable of stands you kindly mentioned must indeed have a wonderful bench at your home. Your work life sounds very interesting. Welcome, Pete. Charlie Guevara, finger lakes/US

petea

#5 Post by petea » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:14 pm

Thanks all for the kind welcome.