Introduce yourself section

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
charlie g

Introduce yourself section

#1 Post by charlie g » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello group...and hello Oliver. I'm 'an old-forum member'...old in more ways than one, gulp!

I,m finger-lakes/US located, I enjoy freshwater live organism microscopy. I'm bright-field/Dark field/DL phase contrast microscopist with a very simple image capture method: Canon rebel xt + camera relay-lens..on trinoc 160 mm tube length microscopes.

I sort of collect vintage stands, but my 'work horse stand' is a 1980's Nikon Labophot trinocular stand.

I am proud of the online community which Oliver has developed for microscopists world wide.

I hope to share in this forum...and I hope to send Oliver articles for his excellent microscopy 'zine.

all the best, charlie guevara
Last edited by charlie g on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oliver

Re: Introduce yourself section

#2 Post by Oliver » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the new forum! Glad that you are also now a member (again)!
Oliver.
Image Oliver Kim - http://www.microbehunter.com - Microscopes: Olympus CH40 - Olympus CH-A - Breukhoven BMS student microscope - Euromex stereo - uSCOPE MXII

jdssr

#3 Post by jdssr » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:35 am

Howdy,
I am new to this forum, but not new to microscopy. I have enjoyed the posts here for many years, but have not taken the time to post and share.
I have more time now and will try and contribute.
I hope to post some pictures of my equipment and laboratory soon.

I am currently looking to put some form of digital camera on my microscope. Suggestions are welcome.

John Shane

gekko

#4 Post by gekko » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi Charlie, great to have you join the new forum! And I, for one, look forward to your wonderful contributions to the magazine and to the forum.

Hi John, welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your contributions. You may find some helpful hints in the following threads:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89
http://www.microbehunter.com/forum/came ... icroscope/