Hello from Dublin!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Nanonaut

Hello from Dublin!

#1 Post by Nanonaut » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:40 am

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and from Dublin. I have a huge passion for science and microscopy. I have to say what a brilliant resource this site is. There's not to many of us like minded people out there!

I am both an amateur and professional microscopist, I have microscopes at home for pleasure:

Olympus BX51 complete with DIC UPlanApo FLN objectives x10, x20, x40, x60 WI, x100 Oil Iris.
Olympus BX-RLA2 with metallurgical objectives x2, x2.5, x4, x10, x20, x50
Various image stacking rigs and Canon MPE65mm.

At work I have access to SEM's (Hitachi, JEOL and Zeiss), HIM and TEM for research.

GaryB

Re: Hello from Dublin!

#2 Post by GaryB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Welcome, nano

Sounds like you are already ahead of the curve in terms of gear, profession and resources, so we'll be expecting some really nice pics, from home and work (if allowed) 8-) we don't often see SEM or TEM images here from members.
Glad to have you here!

charlie g

#3 Post by charlie g » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Welcome, nanonaught. Hope to hear of your 'high power adventures' soon as you have the time. I grew up NYC with lots of Irish culture, and I'll guess more Irish folk folk than reside in Dublin!

again, welcome to forum. charlie guevara, finger lakes/US

coominya

#4 Post by coominya » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:07 am

Nanonaut wrote:Hi all,

I am new to the forum and from Dublin. I have a huge passion for science and microscopy. I have to say what a brilliant resource this site is.
Yes, I'm a rank amateur myself but this site seems to satisfy all levels of the subject. Unequivocally the best internet forum I have been a member of, in all respects.

Welcome.