Hello from Argentina!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Oodslog

Hello from Argentina!

#1 Post by Oodslog » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm a high school student from Argentina, who happens to have a passion for science and the natural world (the entire universe for that matter). A few months ago I bought my first microscope, which is a Celestron Labs CM2000CF. It is quite nice, however, really lacking if you ask me... Aside from that, I've been having a great time with it. I discovered a whole new world filled with fascinating creatures. I'm planning to get a Nikon E200 as an upgrade.

ted

Re: Hello from Argentina!

#2 Post by ted » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Welcome to the group. It's good to hear that you are getting into microscopy. I am curious as to when you plan to upgrade your microscope and also why you have selected the E200.

ted

apochronaut

#3 Post by apochronaut » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:47 pm

welcome to the forum. have a great deal of fun and education with your instrument. use it until the knobs fall off. if you have eny interesting pictures, send them on.

75RR

#4 Post by 75RR » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:37 am

Hi Oodslog, welcome.
I'm planning to get a Nikon E200 as an upgrade.
Big step up! Would that be used or new and what would it come with?
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

charlie g

#5 Post by charlie g » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Welcome to a nice microscopy forum, Oodslog. As you probably know, our forums founder, Oliver Kim, is a highschool science teacher with advanced degree work in microbiology and computer science.

Please visit some of Oliver Kims tutorials in this forum resource before spending money on a Nikon Eclipse 200. You'll be best to upgrade to a microscope with a trinocular head...think about used, think about contrast methods like: phase contrast, darkfield, in addition to standard bright field illumination method.

Ah...highschool days...you must be quite busy Oodslog. welcome, Charlie Guevara, fingerlakes/US

Oodslog

#6 Post by Oodslog » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:53 pm

ted wrote:Welcome to the group. It's good to hear that you are getting into microscopy. I am curious as to when you plan to upgrade your microscope and also why you have selected the E200.

ted

Thank you! I'm hoping to upgrade quite soon as I'm dying to use other techniques other than BF. I chose the Nikon E200 because I haven't read any bad reviews, Nikon's optics are absolutely incredible (I have a D5100 to confirm this), the CFI60 optics allow me to upgrade the microscope a lot, and I also want to use my camera to take pictures instead of my phone.
I recently had the chance to try one out and it was a completely different experience, much more immersive and really enjoyable.

Oodslog

#7 Post by Oodslog » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:00 pm

charlie g wrote:Welcome to a nice microscopy forum, Oodslog. As you probably know, our forums founder, Oliver Kim, is a highschool science teacher with advanced degree work in microbiology and computer science.

Please visit some of Oliver Kims tutorials in this forum resource before spending money on a Nikon Eclipse 200. You'll be best to upgrade to a microscope with a trinocular head...think about used, think about contrast methods like: phase contrast, darkfield, in addition to standard bright field illumination method.

Ah...highschool days...you must be quite busy Oodslog. welcome, Charlie Guevara, fingerlakes/US
Thank you for the welcome!
I've seen all of his videos, that's how I found the forum! He was the one that taught me the microscopy basics through his videos. Sadly I'll have to buy a brand new one as there aren't any good offers for used microscopes in Argentina.
I was planning to get the trinocular head model so I can attach my camera to it, in addition with the phase contrast, and darkfield accessories.
High school is a really stressing time, however, all of my science teachers have encouraged me to follow this new hobby of mine, especially my biology teacher. Luckily this is my last year before university!

Ood

Oodslog

#8 Post by Oodslog » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:03 pm

75RR wrote:Hi Oodslog, welcome.
I'm planning to get a Nikon E200 as an upgrade.
Big step up! Would that be used or new and what would it come with?
Hey!
I'll be getting a brand new one, there aren't good offers for used scopes. I'll get it with the trinocular head, BF, DF and PH (if the price doesn't go through the roof)

Ood

Oodslog

#9 Post by Oodslog » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:04 pm

apochronaut wrote:welcome to the forum. have a great deal of fun and education with your instrument. use it until the knobs fall off. if you have eny interesting pictures, send them on.
Oh boy, believe me, I've been using my sope quite a lot

billbillt

#10 Post by billbillt » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:34 pm

Hello,
I am sure your stand will perform well enough for hobby use....

BillT