Hi from Belgium

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Aatjebanaantje

Hi from Belgium

#1 Post by Aatjebanaantje » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi, my name is Aatjebanaantje and I'm from Belgium.
I've always been fascinated by the microscopic world and I've had a stereo microscope for a few years now.
In my daily job I work with microscopes and SEM-tools all the time. A few days ago I bought my first "real" microscope, a secondhand Leica Galen III which still needs some work to make it usable. Since I'm also a homebrewer, my goal for buying this microscope is doing yeast counting, observing (wanted) infections and general fooling around.
Cheers!

charlie g

Re: Hi from Belgium

#2 Post by charlie g » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Welcome to forum,Aatjeb. , your worklife with microscopes sounds quite interesting to me. I hope your worklife gives you good sources for quality microscopes when equipment is replaced for newer stands. As a teenager I dabbled in fermenting to wines concord grape juices using 'brewers yeast' and a balloon placed over the opening of the jug being fermented with table sugar added. We were too squeemish (my brother and I) to experiment with distillation of the product fluids. Then too we fermented dandilions to make a 'wine'.

Welcome and continued zymurgical success...share your microscopy when you can. Charlie Guevara, finger lakes/US

coominya

Re: Hi from Belgium

#3 Post by coominya » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:52 am

Welcome Aatjebanaantje, hope you find all you are looking for here.
Tom