Biology student

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Glycolyse

Biology student

#1 Post by Glycolyse » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Enzo. I am a French Biology student interested in many fields of Biology, such as Ecology, Ecotoxicology, Virology, etc. I have always lived, and I am (still) living in South France. I always lived with the sea next to me. As you can expect, I love Marine Biology.

I discovered the forum by the Youtube Channel. Then, I read a lot of well-made articles by experts and kind members, I must say. I decided to push myself into the microscopy world from now. Actually, since I handled good microscopes at the University, it was a question of time. I am blessed to have come across the Youtube Channel.

Thanks for reading,

Glycolyse.

MicroBob

Re: Biology student

#2 Post by MicroBob » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi Enzo,
welcome to the forum!
Are you aware of the Le Naturaliste-Forum: http://www.lenaturaliste.net/forum/index.php?
Obviously this forum is better :D but for local contact and microscope buys it will for sure be a useful addition.

What I like very much about this forum ist that the members come from all aroud the world and the communication is very friendly here.
So its very nice to have another frenchman on board!

Bob (from Hamburg, Germany)

Glycolyse

#3 Post by Glycolyse » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi Bob,

Thank you.

Yes, I am aware of Le Naturaliste forum ! Just as you, I like the diversity of Microbe Hunter members ! I remarked people were kind and passionate, especially with beginners. It reminds me of a famous quote from Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter : "Help is always given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it"

Glycolyse

mike

#4 Post by mike » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:12 am

Hello and welcome. Happy Diatomaceous Xmas and New Year. Do you know about the Queckett Microscope Society in the UK?
Attachments
Diatom Xmas.jpg
Diatom Xmas.jpg (47.84 KiB) Viewed 1947 times

Glycolyse

#5 Post by Glycolyse » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks Mike,

Merry Christmas, and a really funny picture you posted. I don't know about Queckett Microscopes.

Glycolyse