new well not really

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
drasbell

new well not really

#1 Post by drasbell » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi all, I'm not really new, but I've been away so long that I might as well be. I live in Kennewick, Washington and have moved then got married, a new job, I have many hobby's that keeps me busy not to mention work. I'm a diesel mechanic and a truck driver. I like microscopy, astronomy, chemistry, woodworking, of course fishing, and hunting camping and backpacking.
Here in the pacific northwest life is great always something to do.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas.
My main intrest in microscopy would be plants. I want to make permanent slides of plant stems and cross sections of leaves. i have a decent scope form amscope. I've had it for 8 years and have given it a few upgrades like plan objectives.
In the part of making slides I also have a AO 820 microtome a waterbath a refefridgerated centerfudge a incubater and even a spectrophotometer and lots of glassware.
Currently I'm working with my telescope an Orion 8" reflector SVP with a goto system, building a permanent house in the yard. For yet another new hobby of astrophotraphy. lots to learn their.

75RR

Re: new well not really

#2 Post by 75RR » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Welcome drasbell,

hope you can find some time for microscopy amongst all those hobbies!
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

KurtM

Re: new well not really

#3 Post by KurtM » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:50 am

No question about it, you live in an excellent place for such an inquisitive person with so many interests! You're not the first astronomer I've heard of who's a diesel mechanic by day - must be something about turning wrenches on big engines that makes you see stars, or at least want to! I suppose you're aware there's a world class community of amateur astronomers and telescope makers in Washington and Oregon?

Welcome back!
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas
email: ngc704(at)gmail(dot)com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67904872@ ... 912223623/