Hello from the Pharaohs' land , Egypt

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Dr Abdullah

Hello from the Pharaohs' land , Egypt

#1 Post by Dr Abdullah » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:10 am

Hello microbe hunters,
I'm really happy to be with this group of microscopy lovers ..

I'm a pharmacy student and I'm really excited and interested in microscopy .. I'm asking if this hobby could be a career for living for a pharmacist or it is far away From Field of study ..

What I mean is ..is there pharmaceutical companies employee people to deal with microscopy for scientific purposes. ??

And if there ..is it easy to get a job for that.. I really need a definite answer cuz I'm so interested and don't need to be far away of pharmacy ..

Thanks so much

Dave S

Re: Hello from the Pharaohs' land , Egypt

#2 Post by Dave S » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Well, I can't answer your questions Abdullah, but welcome to the group anyway. :)
Suffolk, UK

Wes

#3 Post by Wes » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Welcome!

I do wonder if one turns his hobby into a professional occupation would the passion disappear after a while.
Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel

Sauerkraut

#4 Post by Sauerkraut » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Hello and welcome.

In my limited experience - working for a pharmaceutical company for 5+ years - I never even saw a microscope while working with soil cultures. In retrospect, that seems a bit surprising. In grad school, we used them very rarely and just to check on a culture. But that said, there must be professionals out there servicing and maintaining microscopes for universities and biotech companies.

Heather