Hi! Memphis, TN, USA NEED ORTHOLUX HELP!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
dlthomas

Hi! Memphis, TN, USA NEED ORTHOLUX HELP!

#1 Post by dlthomas » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:57 am

Good morning everybody! I have loved microscopy since I was 15 and I subsequently became a Biology Professor. I work at a community college in Memphis, Tn. I have had access to lots of different scopes at various institutions over the years and was impressed some years back with a Leitz Diaplan model. I like functional antiques and recently became a lower budget collector of a few vintage black enamels Leitz scopes (all SM level). I JUST GOT an Ortholux from Ebay and it is missing several vital components and the light will not work (it was supposed to and seller does not accept returns). I will need help from experts getting this thing fixed up-I wanted to use it for photography. This forum looks exciting! Thank you! Don

Aslan

Re: Hi! Memphis, TN, USA NEED ORTHOLUX HELP!

#2 Post by Aslan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi. The first thing I did when I ordered my ortholux off ebay was to hunt down an LED retrofit from retrodiode.com (check ebay for his sales). the LED actually arrived before the microscope itself arrived. What else is missing form your ortholux? Post some photos and maybe some of the guys here can help you.
Spenser 58 convertible microscope

jimur

#3 Post by jimur » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:29 pm

Welcome aboard Don. Nice to see a fellow Memphian in the forum.
"You're never too old to have a happy childhood"
Leitz Wetzlar SM-LUX
Olympus IM
Canon 450D

dlthomas

#4 Post by dlthomas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:13 pm

Thank you Aslan and Jimur. I have fixed most of the ortholux problems. I look forward to using the forum more. Cheers!