dunk in Peterborough UK

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Post Reply
Message
Author
dunk
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am

dunk in Peterborough UK

#1 Post by dunk » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:00 am

Hello from dunk in Peterborough UK … I'm moving on from using stereo 'scopes to higher mag. compound microscopes. Looking forward to learning more via the forum.

BW

dunk

Roldorf
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:58 pm
Location: Northern Germany

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#2 Post by Roldorf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:05 am

Welcome to the forum. Have fun.
Location: Northern Germany

Canon 4000d
Image

User avatar
daruosha
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:10 am
Location: Tehran, Iran

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#3 Post by daruosha » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Welcome to the forum dunk.
Daruosh.

dtsh
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#4 Post by dtsh » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:17 pm

Welcome aboard, dunk.

There's an incredible knowledgebase here to tap into.

Do you have a compound already and any particular subjects you hope to view? If you have a compound scope already, what do you have? Happy with it?

User avatar
KD Arvidsson
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:47 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#5 Post by KD Arvidsson » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:33 am

Welcome to the forum Dunk! //KD
Microscope Nikon Labophot 2
Novel N-200M
My home is on the Westcoast of Sweden.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjsgbq ... dyl2x0Atpw

dunk
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#6 Post by dunk » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:37 am

dtsh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:17 pm
Welcome aboard, dunk.

There's an incredible knowledgebase here to tap into.

Do you have a compound already and any particular subjects you hope to view? If you have a compound scope already, what do you have? Happy with it?
Currently exploring phase contrast & just acquired a Reichert Neopan with 3 phase objectives … & also putting together a Biolam phase contrast 'scope for which have a Biolam phase contrast set. When current c'virus emergency ends plan to sample diatoms at local nature reserves.

User avatar
75RR
Posts: 6796
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:34 am
Location: Estepona, Spain

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#7 Post by 75RR » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 am

Hi Dunk, welcome

Diatoms can be found just about anywhere that there is standing water, so a ditch, pond, fountain or plant pot overflow tray are all viable options.

Do post photos of your microscopes in the My microscope section. We all like to see them!
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

dunk
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#8 Post by dunk » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:23 pm

75RR wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 am
Hi Dunk, welcome

Diatoms can be found just about anywhere that there is standing water, so a ditch, pond, fountain or plant pot overflow tray are all viable options.

Do post photos of your microscopes in the My microscope section. We all like to see them!
Aware diatoms are everywhere … Interested in discovering which specific types are present in local nature reserve ponds. They can act a barometer for 'pond health'. I'll post 'scope pics in due course.

User avatar
75RR
Posts: 6796
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:34 am
Location: Estepona, Spain

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#9 Post by 75RR » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:56 pm

When current c'virus emergency ends plan to sample diatoms at local nature reserves.
Thought you were lamenting the lack of collecting opportunity due to the quarantine.

Look forward to seeing photos of your microscopes when you find the time upload them.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

dunk
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am

Re: dunk in Peterborough UK

#10 Post by dunk » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:16 am

75RR wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:56 pm
When current c'virus emergency ends plan to sample diatoms at local nature reserves.
Thought you were lamenting the lack of collecting opportunity due to the quarantine.

Look forward to seeing photos of your microscopes when you find the time upload them.
Just posted a couple of photos of a 1923 vintage Leitz Travelling Microscope in the 'My Microscope' section

Unfortunately there is no access to the local nature reserves during current C'virus emergency thus unable to commence the pond diatoms project.

BW

dunk

Post Reply