Hello!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
shirleey22

Hello!

#1 Post by shirleey22 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:54 am

I’m Shirley. I’m studying Biology and Microbiology here at Puerto Rico. I know somewhat about microscopes but i consider myself amateur. I’m on the journey of searching for a good cheap microscope like Swift SW350B or OMAX M82ES. Oliver recommended me the Swift one since it has better optics and has a proper cable, not an adapter like the Omax. I really can’t afford a used Olympus or those prestige microscopes. I only want to look at pond water and find amoebas and water bears! If you have any comments or advice, feel free to reply! :D

ThomasMc

Re: Hello!

#2 Post by ThomasMc » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:32 am

I am new to microscopy as well. Best of luck! It's sure to be a wonderful adventure. :)

KD Arvidsson

#3 Post by KD Arvidsson » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:08 am

Welcome to the forum shirleey22😊 I think most questions will be answered here on the forum among all these helpful experts. Myself is a beginner and i can not give so much help yet😕 //KD
Microscope Nikon Labophot 2
Panasonic GH4 and HY-2307 Camera+Euromex adapter.
Westcoast of Sweden.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjsgbq ... dyl2x0Atpw

dstark

#4 Post by dstark » Thu May 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Hello guys, I hope we can share good information here as well as find something new to learn
hill climb racing

cd13

#5 Post by cd13 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:10 am

Welcome to the forum. I’m from the Dominican Republic living in FL.
You can also take a look at Amscope. It’s in the same level as Swift and I can tell the customer service is top notch.
I got the Amscope T340B. I like this one because the led is more powerful (3w VS 1w) and I have no complains at all.
I was in the same where I couldn’t afford a used top of the line and decided to go with Amscope with no regrets