Hello From NY

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Mpalmer

Hello From NY

#1 Post by Mpalmer » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi everyone I am hoping to take my mushroom identification skills to the next level. I haven't used a microscope since HS biology class 20 years ago. I picked up a Zeiss standard at an estate sale, and I'm hoping to learn as much as I can.

Sir

Re: Hello From NY

#2 Post by Sir » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:23 am

Welcome! Sounds like you got your hands on a very nice microscope. Looking forward to your future posts :)

Roldorf

#3 Post by Roldorf » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:25 am

Hi welcome to the forum. To help with your next level on mushroom ident's this is a useful resource. Which at the time of posting this seems to be offline.
http://www.mushroomexpert.com/

Unknown Brand: Optika SFX 91: Bresser Science Infinity: Canon 4000d
ImageImage

charlie g

#4 Post by charlie g » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Welcome, Mpalmer...of course you will often use oil-immersion high magnifications for spore studies. So 'danke, danke' Roldorf for that excellent mushroom studies resource.

Of course you will need a glass micrometer slide and disc optical reticule to place in eyepieces to callibrate all the objectives you use for specimen measurements.

If you still have need for a good stereo microscope to complement your mycologic and other studies...I'm located in finger lakes/ NY..give me a pm.

Let us know how your stand is tricked out with optics, again, welcome. charlie guevara

charlie g

#5 Post by charlie g » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Welcome, Mpalmer...of course you will often use oil-immersion high magnifications for spore studies. So 'danke, danke' Roldorf for that excellent mushroom studies resource.

Of course you will need a glass micrometer slide and disc optical reticule to place in eyepieces to callibrate all the objectives you use for specimen measurements.

If you still have need for a good stereo microscope to complement your mycologic and other studies...I'm located in finger lakes/ NY..give me a pm.

Let us know how your stand is tricked out with optics, again, welcome. charlie guevara