What microscope has this style?

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
portbon

Re: What microscope has this style?

#61 Post by portbon » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:03 am

microb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:45 am
portbon wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:36 am
This is not present in the following.
Didn't say it was. The dual port option I gave links to is the only switchable light path I could think of from Olympus for the BX. But as I mentioned, it has a telan lens in it where as the unit you pictured is in infinity space side of the telan lens. There is also another version (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-Micros ... 4545007260) which seems to involve a 50/50 sharing which you don't want.

You appear to be looking for something that would allow you to use an objective to find the target, pull a lever out to switch a mirror to allow the Raman unit access, but then not send blinding light to the eye pieces or camera.
My Kodak thread has arrived. It's the top silver one. The bottom one is the original ring.

They are both same 44.5mm diameter but the lower black original one has much wider threads. The kodak one has very thin threads. Do you know of other ring that is 44.5mm but has wide threads too like the black one? Without finding one. I couldn't connect it to the amazon OMAX microscope body.

Civitus1Micro

#62 Post by Civitus1Micro » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Hi Guys,
I am new here and I see that some have spoken about the Thunder Optics Raman Microscope or Raman System.
Please,has anyone tried it or has more information about it? I would like to buy one for my gemology hobby. I purchased few parts from them (Filters, Optical fibers) But never a complicated and expensive instrument.
Please help.
Civ

Civitus1Micro

#63 Post by Civitus1Micro » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:07 pm

portbon wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:32 am
This is the Olympus BX-43/BX51 microscope where the black Raman box is inserted.

How does the insertion part looks like? In normal usage, what equipment do you put there?

Is it an Olympus BX-43 or BX-51, how much is second hand? and new? I was offered $33,000 which includes the $15,000 Raman black box. So the microscope is like costing $18,000 new. It's this the price of a new microscope? I can't find the price anywhere.
Yes, this is an Olympus microscope, but the posted picture is engeneered, i know well this brand it is not StellarNet but Inspec http://enspectr.com/raman-microscope/
Does any one here tried this Raman spectrometer also ?

BillD

#64 Post by BillD » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:31 am

Scarodactyl wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am
I have a handheld raman (an Ahura Firstdefender) which my dad and I figured out how to insert custom libraries into so we could use it for gem ID (along with some custom software and hardware for positioning). I also sell these to gemologists and they cost a lot less than 15k all in, though they might not be as suitable for what you want to do. I have not yet figured out getting one hooked up to a microscope, but I found a -18mm lens in front of the 18mm focusing lens seems to collimate the red reference laser fine--this is a 780nm system so we can't directly see the actual laser, and as such our tests were pretty brief and careful. but I think it should be plenty possible to collimate the laser and hook it up to a coaxial illuminator in a microscope.
You can get a Nikon infinity coaxial illuminator pretty inexpensively, which would be what I vaguely plan to use for this.
Hi Scarodactyl,

I have this _exact_ handheld Raman spectrometer. I wish to use it to identify plastics (PLA, PET-G) that are not in the native library. I would be very happy to purchase the software you are using, if possible. Or even simply add several items to the internal library.
We make 3D printing filament from new and recycled plastic. It would be extremely handy to be able to scan a sample of recycled feedstock to confirm that it is the correct polymer.
Bill D.

Scarodactyl

#65 Post by Scarodactyl » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:52 am

BillD wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:31 am
Scarodactyl wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am
I have a handheld raman (an Ahura Firstdefender) which my dad and I figured out how to insert custom libraries into so we could use it for gem ID (along with some custom software and hardware for positioning). I also sell these to gemologists and they cost a lot less than 15k all in, though they might not be as suitable for what you want to do. I have not yet figured out getting one hooked up to a microscope, but I found a -18mm lens in front of the 18mm focusing lens seems to collimate the red reference laser fine--this is a 780nm system so we can't directly see the actual laser, and as such our tests were pretty brief and careful. but I think it should be plenty possible to collimate the laser and hook it up to a coaxial illuminator in a microscope.
You can get a Nikon infinity coaxial illuminator pretty inexpensively, which would be what I vaguely plan to use for this.
Hi Scarodactyl,

I have this _exact_ handheld Raman spectrometer. I wish to use it to identify plastics (PLA, PET-G) that are not in the native library. I would be very happy to purchase the software you are using, if possible. Or even simply add several items to the internal library.
We make 3D printing filament from new and recycled plastic. It would be extremely handy to be able to scan a sample of recycled feedstock to confirm that it is the correct polymer.
Bill D.
Hey, you've been in touch on my etsy oage but I might not have gotten back to you (not because I don't want to but because I have ADD). I think I might have just the thing for you, shoot me another message there and I will ger back to you this time (sorry about that!)