Objective Lens Cases

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
MicroMan2

Objective Lens Cases

#1 Post by MicroMan2 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:49 am

Does anybody know about special microscope objective cases that can store fat-barreled objectives? My Olympus SPlan Apos have that knurled ring that makes them impossible to be stored with regular microscope objective cases. I would like to know other people's suggestions. Thank you in advance.

BramHuntingNematodes

Re: Objective Lens Cases

#2 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:36 am

Olympus had them big squat plastic ones with rms threads in the cap. Yeah I don't know where you can buy them unless you want to shell out fat stacks to Thorlabs
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

dtsh

#3 Post by dtsh » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:45 am

How wide is wide?
I know of some cases, but I have no idea if your objective would fit in them.
Could always design and 3D print something if a commercial option can't be found reasonably. I've created a number of storage cases for microscope parts and other items; here's an eyepiece case I made https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4445491

patta

#4 Post by patta » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:42 am

Gread 3D designs above!
To store oversize RMS objectives I'm using large standard cases for M25 objectives, together with a 3D printed M25-RMS adapter.
Amoyca shop on Aliexpress has a large selection of cases, maybe some will fit your need; the shipping and import tariffs cost more than the case itself.
There is a guy in Spain (selling also on ebay) that makes nice looking canisters turned from full aluminum bar, but I never dared to order one.

apochronaut

#5 Post by apochronaut » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:21 pm

I have some that will accept a 33mm objective internally and are about 55mm tall. I think that is the size those Olympus objectives need.
A company in China owes me some very large ones they forgot to send which they use for NIS60 objectives. They are 40mm X 70mm but have a 25mm thread in the top, so would need an adapter to fit the top but I don't know when they are coming . They also supply an RMS version but it is only 28mm across.

How many do you need?