Wild (Leica) M3Z stereo microscope inner view?

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
PeteM

Wild (Leica) M3Z stereo microscope inner view?

#1 Post by PeteM » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:06 am

I've received a broken Wild M3Z body - and a quick look suggests one problem is a missing pin and a detached spring (see area with circle in picture below). Looks like a loose fit pin belongs in there - now missing. The detached spring is in the same area, but not seen in the photo.

Hoping someone might have a link to an M3Z repair manual, has a picture of the innards, or has experience with this model? I'll cobble something together, but would like to know what the mechanism should look like -- especially if there are additional issues.
Attachments
WildLeica_M3Z_missing_pin.jpg
WildLeica_M3Z_missing_pin.jpg (60.34 KiB) Viewed 795 times

PrecisionInstruments

Re: Wild (Leica) M3Z stereo microscope inner view?

#2 Post by PrecisionInstruments » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:06 am

There is a pin (approx 2-3mm in diameter) on the inside of that cam, either on that lobe or the other, which also has a machine groove which looks like a circlip would fit (but it doesn’t).

The rectangular thin brass plate which has the oval shaped hole slips over that pin (pin goes through hole), and then the spring which I can see is still there will sit in the machined groove of that pin.

Put a bit of lubricant between the pin, brass plate and cam 👍🏼

I’m sure the pin is on the other lobe of the cam the more I try picture it.
I have a headache, For which the future’s made

PeteM

Re: Wild (Leica) M3Z stereo microscope inner view?

#3 Post by PeteM » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:19 pm

Thank you! That was just the hint I needed - much appreciated.