Camera adapter Touptek FMA050 replacement to remove some chromatic aberration

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
onilink_

Camera adapter Touptek FMA050 replacement to remove some chromatic aberration

#1 Post by onilink_ » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:03 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to replace a Touptek FMA050 camera adapter.
It seems to add a lot of chromatic aberration.

Do you know something better to mount a C-mount camera on a custom microscope?
It's a small sensor: 1/3"
I can 3d print an adapter to fit the microscope if needed (it's a PUMA microscope, so it's easy to customize).

Also, do you think the problem is my adapter? Or maybe it can be something else?
Are there any tests I can do to verify this?
I have this problem in a lot of configuration of different objectives and tube lenses, different microscopes...
I also tested with an apo objective. The blue channel is in focus but the 3 channels are not aligned (they have different magnification) so I get a lot of unwanted fringes.

Thanks

Topcode

Re: Camera adapter Touptek FMA050 replacement to remove some chromatic aberration

#2 Post by Topcode » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:48 pm

Unless you can 3D print optical lenses, you will need to buy an apochromatic reducer, or use no reducer at all.

onilink_

Re: Camera adapter Touptek FMA050 replacement to remove some chromatic aberration

#3 Post by onilink_ » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:37 pm

Topcode wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:48 pm
Unless you can 3D print optical lenses, you will need to buy an apochromatic reducer, or use no reducer at all.
Oh that's interesting. I didn't know it was a thing!
Do you know any model I can check?

I also tried without any reducer but my sensor is too small and the image is heavily cropped.

I can't print good lenses obviously, but I can buy them, if I know what are the requirement.
I'm not sure how a camera adapter works. It is just the equivalent of a lens with a short focal length to focus the image on the sensor?

Thanks