Question to owners of Laborlux-D from 1967

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
Alex H

Question to owners of Laborlux-D from 1967

#1 Post by Alex H » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:39 am

Hi everyone! I need help from the owners of old black Leitz Laborlux-D microscope from 1967, the one that has a slot for filter slides above the revolver.

Here is a link to Google saved image of the microscope from an old eBay ad: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzQ5WDUwMA==/ ... G?set_id=2. Hope it opens properly.

I am looking at purchasing this microscope for my forthcoming expedition to New Caledonia, and would like to know the size of the filter slider used with this microscope, and its position from the objective base. Leitz manuals do not have much informaiton about it, except for the codes of filter sliders (IGGAV and IGKOC). Will be grateful for any help.

Alex
Oleksandr Holovachov
http://www.holovachov.com

apochronaut

Re: Question to owners of Laborlux-D from 1967

#2 Post by apochronaut » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:31 am

Sometimes former reps can be of help, with questions around difficult to find specifics. Although when the Leitz community completely threw everything overboard and reloaded the ship with Leica , and theoretically discontinued support for much of the older Leitz lineup, sometimes there are still people around from the service dept., who know an older model well and are willing to give you a few minutes on the phone.

I would try a long standing dealership in Stockholm or even the former Leitz distributorship, which were probably the same as the current Leica distributors.

One is Micromedic AB LMS phone # is 822 4020 ......I think this is the distributor.

What I ask the service dept. is, if there is anyone currently there, that worked there 30 years ago or who would know the older Leitz microscopes well. It would be unusual for them not to give you a few moments of their time; or call you back at least.