Reichert interference condenser

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
photomicro

Reichert interference condenser

#1 Post by photomicro » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi, a friend was trying to get a Reichert DIC system up and running on his Neopan at the weekend. I was able to help him get some satisfactory images, but we didn't know what numbers on the turret correspond to what objectives. I am familiar with the Zeiss common slider system, where the condenser has Ph2, Ph3, I, II etc. to denote phase annuli and prism I, II and so on, and have the literature to guide what prism for what objective. These are all numbers (1-6?) and yet I cannot find any literature to suggest what is for what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Mike

Charles

Re: Reichert interference condenser

#2 Post by Charles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Is this an epi DIC? Most AO/Reichert accessories are color coded...Blue = 10X, Dark Blue = 20X, Yellow = 40X, Red = 100X, Black or White = open position. I think there is also a 6.5X and 63X but don't recall the color.

photomicro

Re: Reichert interference condenser

#3 Post by photomicro » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi Charles, it is transmitted, and the turret condenser (black) was identical in style to the phase one I had for a Zetopan, years ago. As far as I remember, like the phase one, the positions were just numbered, with a numeral in a white circle. I had the instruction booklet for the phase, and drew up a table to have near the microscope.

regards

Mike