Camera ???

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
ROLLER BOLT

Camera ???

#1 Post by ROLLER BOLT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:59 pm

I read much of the thread about them, now have a headache.
Anyways, not asking for a brand if in violation, but whether a USB or HDMI and why?
I have an A/O 110 trinocular fluorescence scope to hang it on.
What I want to do is take and store pics on my laptop, along with printing them.
Still frame only, it will be a dedicated camera.
I have a Cannon SX610 that I use for regular photo's, remove SD card and load it into comp.
I can download from it through the web but have no clue. Not intending to use this one.
I would prefer a microscope camera to use with a cable to tie to the scope, eliminating the SD card.
No more than $150.00 for it.
Found a few on ebay but have no clue to what I am looking at or need.
Thanks.

Sorry, I put this in the wrong place.
Last edited by ROLLER BOLT on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hobbyst46

Re: Camera ???

#2 Post by Hobbyst46 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:35 pm

I appologize for asking, but have you tried the camera with any fluorescence microscopy images yet ? because these are typically very low light images, so the camera needs to be very sensitive.

ROLLER BOLT

#3 Post by ROLLER BOLT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Hobbyst46 wrote:I appologize for asking, but have you tried the camera with any fluorescence microscopy images yet ? because these are typically very low light images, so the camera needs to be very sensitive.
I don't have a camera yet, that is the information I am seeking.
My prime interest is in dark field and bright field photo's.
This is the only scope I have with the correct head.

apochronaut

#4 Post by apochronaut » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:02 am

I have a similar system to what you are describing( I think), on a similarly equipped microscope with probably the same objectives. It works well and I store the images on a laptop.
With an APS-C sensor you can get out to the periphery of the 20mm f.o.v., and maintain parfocality, using a 10X AO eyepiece. One of the standard cat. # 180 eyepieces works well, or preferably a photo framing eyepiece with the reticle removed I believe the cat.# is 1054A. The original camera coupler has a perfectly adequate relay lens too but the coverage is somewhat restricted and you will have to disable the shutter to use it. A straight photo tube with an AO eyepiece insert is a better system.

I'm not sure what you mean though, by , " I would prefer a microscope camera to use with a cable to tie to the scope"? Do you mean tethering the camera to the laptop?

ROLLER BOLT

#5 Post by ROLLER BOLT » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Well, I am back again with an update and some pictures if I can post them.
I resolved the camera issue.
The scope came with a parafocal "C" mount tube that came off Fleabay.
Poorly made and with inch threads that were close to metric, loose fit by maker so to fit.
The format was horrible with it and no reduction capabilities.
i bought a .50X "C" mount lens adapter, but the tube was to large in diameter.
Well I turned the tube diameter down and pushed back the shoulder as far as I could to fit the 110.
The whole assembly does what I want, take pictures on a tf card which fits into an SD adapter.
I can now download on to my hard drive.

Well the pictures are to big, sorry.
My expert kid is going to show me how to resize them next week.