BHT Stand with Optics In Mount

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
microb

BHT Stand with Optics In Mount

#1 Post by microb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi,

This stand is a BHT BHTU stand. The turret has a lens in it that is flush with the stand's epi/head mount.

Since the BH2 series heads have tube lenses, having a lens here in the stand (turret more specifically) seems odd. Is this turret for non-infinity objectives? If a UMA were put on top, would a different turret be needed to have things work correctly. I've been doing mainly BHM/Scientific-Instruments/McBain metallurgical set ups with the older Olympus parts.

Thanks.
Attachments
BHT_stand_1k.png
BHT_stand_1k.png (400.61 KiB) Viewed 1778 times

MichaelG.

Re: BHT Stand with Optics In Mount

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:46 pm

microb wrote:Hi,

This stand is a BHT BHTU stand. The turret has a lens in it that is flush with the stand's epi/head mount.

... having a lens here in the stand (turret more specifically) seems odd. Is this turret for non-infinity objectives?
This manual makes reference only to 160 objectives:
http://www.alanwood.net/downloads/olymp ... manual.pdf
... so my answer is 'probably'

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

PeteM

Re: BHT Stand with Optics In Mount

#3 Post by PeteM » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:49 am

That's a BHTU stand (not a BHT). Due to the inverted nosepiece it has a longer distance from the back of the objective to the female receptacle for the microscope head. The lens in there is to get everything back to normal magnification.

I personally prefer BHT stands because they make it easy to change nosepieces. Others like the BHTU. While the nosepiece is fixed, pointing the objectives away makes it easier to move slides in and out quickly for, say, clinical use.