Axioplan 2 Field Stop Position

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
microb

Axioplan 2 Field Stop Position

#1 Post by microb » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:31 pm

Looking to position an iris in a field stop slide of my own making, but lacking an Axioplan 2 reference to go by. Any help appreciated.

Zeiss sells a new one for $600.00. So I'd rather not go that route.

DETAILS:
The Axioplan2 Imaging 2ie MOT microscope has two ~14mm wide slots for iris slides (40mm tall, 131mm deep).

With X,Y being the image centering position for an aperture stop iris, the Z-position in the aperture stop slide position, plus or minus a millimeter or two, shouldn't really matter since it's collimated light.

But the field stop, how sensitive is the Z-position of the iris within the 13.7mm width of the slide? It's converging light, so could someone please measure the depth and size of the slide they have?

On an Axiomat irsis slide, the iris blades are 3.9mm from the front side of a 15mm wide slide.

As an absurd side note: an Axiomat Iris slide is not form-factor compatible with an Axioplan 2. The entry initially is and it looks like it might fit right in (holes would never align of course), but the Axioplan doesn't have the Axiomat's dovetail track that widens things too much. Silly picture attached. Yeah, I admit. I thought I'd see. Extra side note: it didn't jam.
Attachments
IMG_3003_cropped_1k.jpg
IMG_3003_cropped_1k.jpg (55.7 KiB) Viewed 1791 times

microb

Re: Axioplan 2 Field Stop Position

#2 Post by microb » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:44 pm

So someone is offering to sell one. Hopefully that deal works out.