Trinocular Split?

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
LouiseScot

Re: Trinocular Split?

#31 Post by LouiseScot » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:44 am

Hobbyst46 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:39 am
LouiseScot wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:54 am
There are scarcely any long-term comprehensive user reviews about the quality of "stencil" microscopes, at least on this forum.
In contrast, there have been (in 2019 or 2018) positive reviews of the customer service of Bresser microscopes on this forum. Especially about fitting the camera onto the microscope. They offer microscopes, dark field, phase contrast and cameras. I would consult the owners of such scopes (I think they are in the UK as well).
I'm sorry, I don't understand your post?
Louise
A Nikon CF plan 20x; A Swift 380T; A DIY infinity corrected focus rail system with a 40x/0.65 Olympus Plan, a 10x/0.30 Amscope Plan Fluor, and a 20x/0.75 Nikon Plan Apo

Hobbyst46

#32 Post by Hobbyst46 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:15 am

The post has been about upgrading to a new (not used) compound microscope if I correctly understood.
Motic and maybe other Chinese microscopes, such that are marketed under different names and not brand names, so sometimes called "stencil" microscopes, were considered.
I suggested that since Bresser seems to have positive customer service, as expressed in this forum in the past, a Bresser microscope might be considered as upgrade ?

If I am totally off-track, sorry and apologies.

LouiseScot

#33 Post by LouiseScot » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:59 am

Hobbyst46 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:15 am
The post has been about upgrading to a new (not used) compound microscope if I correctly understood.
Motic and maybe other Chinese microscopes, such that are marketed under different names and not brand names, so sometimes called "stencil" microscopes, were considered.
I suggested that since Bresser seems to have positive customer service, as expressed in this forum in the past, a Bresser microscope might be considered as upgrade ?

If I am totally off-track, sorry and apologies.
Oh I see. Looking at the Ningbo Haishu Honyu web site I can see lots of what I would call 'clones', including the Euromex 'Oxion' = CPD.03.30ET. I don't know anything about Bresser but they make fairly cheap astro equipment. Most telescopes and other astro equipment are made in China, whatever their brand. An exception might be the very expensive Takahashi refractors which are made in Japan. I have several made in China (via Germany) apochromatic telescopes which are very high quality, purchased within the last 4-5 years and cost me less than the price of any of the 'cheap' microscopes I've been looking at! Probably the Bresser Microscopes are made in China also? They are mostly fairly cheap. At the end of the day I just want a microscope with improved optics compared to my old Brunel (which is still serving me well). The new one doesn't have to last 20 years, or even 10. My Brunel made-in-China must be 25 years old now and is fine. It would be nice to be able to get a new microscope at the Made-in-China web site prices but buying one off direct from China might be quite risky. At least Motic and Euromex have established European distributors so there must be some support there. The Motic may be slightly better quality - it's hard to tell, but they are an actual manufacturer. Both makes have upgrade options for phase contrast and various objective options such as pan fluors. I think the latter would be a considerable improvement over my current cheap plan achros but I need a infinity-corrected stand to put them on. I wonder how many infinity-corrected objectives are compatible between made in China clones? If they are clones they can't all be different. There is some hidden info there somewhere! Anyway, I'm rambling now ha ha.
Cheers
Louise
A Nikon CF plan 20x; A Swift 380T; A DIY infinity corrected focus rail system with a 40x/0.65 Olympus Plan, a 10x/0.30 Amscope Plan Fluor, and a 20x/0.75 Nikon Plan Apo

apochronaut

#34 Post by apochronaut » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:11 pm

75RR wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:55 am
apochronaut wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:10 pm
This is a Ningbo Haishu Honyu Opto-Electro Co. Ltd. CPD.03.30ET. They sell in China as a Honyu CPD.03.30ET. Slightly modified versions of the stand show up as many brands , including Leica, maybe the Primostar too, although it might be Jiangsu Victor.They also make the Nikon 100 and 200.
The head has a beamsplitter 80:20, not a moving prism.

Many Chinese factories will sell 1 unit minimums.

Interestingly, Ningbo Tianyu Optoelectro Co. sells a dedicated dark field version of the above for $260.00 f.o.b., shipped from Zhejiang, not Ningbo. I suppose it would be quite cheap to pick up a BF condenser as well. Minimum 1. oh, it has purple accents, not blue.https://www.made-in-china.com/products- ... scope.html
Sadly could not find the purple accents version via your link.

Did however find the blue accented one via your link or should I say a version of it under the model number EX 30 for a medical products company called iclear

https://iclear-mic.en.made-in-china.com ... scope.html

It says their version at least has a 50/50 split ... but who knows how many versions there are.

A visit to the honyu web page showed the microscope under the designation CPD.03.30ET but did not mention the tube split

http://www.ningbomicroscope.com/ensite/ ... s_965.html

Then again we all knew that Euromex was just another reseller badging chinese microscopes.

The question is, is the warranty worth the markup?

Perhaps as suggested you can get the basic version here and order the Phase kit direct from china.
Yes, the iclear appears to be a broker for the Ningbo factory. If you look at the specifications for the trinocular head, it says " fixed spectroscopic ratio R:T = 8:2 " . The R:T 5:5 version is for the fluorescence head. It is the same microscope as the Euromex.

If you go yo my link and change the search terms and put in trinocular microscope , the DF version shows up somewhere around page 10 or so. Better still, put in 1600X binocular/trinocular lab microscope biological and it should show up. I think those were it's descriptors. I don't have the tablet that I searched that on handy right now, so I can't provide a link. It came up during a search.

apochronaut

#35 Post by apochronaut » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:24 pm

How about an Olympus CX 33. You can buy one from Splendour!
https://qdnewrubber.en.made-in-china.co ... -Cx33.html

LouiseScot

#36 Post by LouiseScot » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:31 pm

apochronaut wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:24 pm
How about an Olympus CX 33. You can buy one from Splendour!
https://qdnewrubber.en.made-in-china.co ... -Cx33.html
Too expensive!

Hobbyst46

#37 Post by Hobbyst46 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:38 pm

apochronaut wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:11 pm
..If you look at the specifications for the trinocular head, it says " fixed spectroscopic ratio R:T = 8:2 " . The R:T 5:5 version is for the fluorescence head. It is the same microscope as the Euromex.
IMO a ratio R:T = 8:2 would mean 80% reflected, that is, 80% of the light is sent to the eyepiece; and the camera gets 20%... weird, unless it is a typo :oops:

LouiseScot

#38 Post by LouiseScot » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Hobbyst46 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:38 pm
apochronaut wrote:
..If you look at the specifications for the trinocular head, it says " fixed spectroscopic ratio R:T = 8:2 " . The R:T 5:5 version is for the fluorescence head. It is the same microscope as the Euromex.
IMO a ratio R:T = 8:2 would mean 80% reflected, that is, 80% of the light is sent to the eyepiece; and the camera gets 20%... weird, unless it is a typo :oops:
Not necessarily, some modern cmos are very sensitive - they don't need a lot of light. I have a number of cmos and ccd astro cameras which are very sensitive even in low light (obviously!). Even my 1100d dslr is fine for astronomy and microscopy (also has bigger pixels than most dedicated cmos cameras). I haven't bothered asking about the split again as I'm gravitating towards the Motic anyway. However, I'm a little unsure about their 'LightTracer' gimmick which sounds an unnecessary thing which could go wrong...

Louise

apochronaut

#39 Post by apochronaut » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:01 pm

Hobbyst46 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:38 pm
apochronaut wrote:
That would depend on the internal design of the head. Some heads have a straight through pathway to the camera tube. The Bausch & Lomb Balplan is a good example of that, where there isn't even a telan lens in the way. Looking at the Euromex Oxion ( don't you just love that name ----sounds like a laundry detergent) , neither the photo tube or the optical tube look directly in line with the optical axis but the optical tube only due to the inherent deviating prism and required ocular distance distorting the geometry a bit. It's optical axis does seem to be over the objective, whereas the photo tube is displaced rearward, so reflected would probably indicate the photo tube in this case.

Hobbyst46

#40 Post by Hobbyst46 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:19 pm

apochronaut wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:01 pm
That would depend on the internal design of the head. Some heads have a straight through pathway to the camera tube. The Bausch & Lomb Balplan is a good example of that, where there isn't even a telan lens in the way. Looking at the Euromex Oxion ( don't you just love that name ----sounds like a laundry detergent) , neither the photo tube or the optical tube look directly in line with the optical axis but the optical tube only due to the inherent deviating prism and required ocular distance distorting the geometry a bit. It's optical axis does seem to be over the objective, whereas the photo tube is displaced rearward, so reflected would probably indicate the photo tube in this case.
I stand corrected.