MicrobeHunter.com Microscopy Forum

You can also access this page with: www.microscopy-forum.com
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:12 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What is this?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Ajman
Hi all,

Anyone has any idea about what is this i see on this image?

Thank you very much


Attachments:
Sample 1.jpg
Sample 1.jpg [ 382.92 KiB | Viewed 350 times ]
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:39 pm
Posts: 1777
Location: Illinois USA
What was the sample on the slide?
CE

_________________
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU with Olympus E-P1 MFT camera mounted
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2 (Boris)
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Ajman
Crater Eddie wrote:
What was the sample on the slide?
CE


My saliva [if that was a correct word], i mean from my mouth.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Surrey, UK
I should see a doctor.
You have a severe case of chromatic aberration :lol:

Sorry I can't say anything useful...


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:34 pm
Posts: 198
Hi Tareq,
Did you clean the slide and coverslip before using them? Either, or both look contaminated to me.
Hope this helps.
Peter.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:05 pm
Posts: 118
Location: Huizen, Netherlands
I also had this once and I thought it was blood (blood sample on the slide). But it was just dirt on the cover slip. Even dirt can look nice under a microscope.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Ajman
ChrisR wrote:
I should see a doctor.
You have a severe case of chromatic aberration :lol:

Sorry I can't say anything useful...


Almost recovered, no need for a doctor anymore


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Ajman
Peter wrote:
Hi Tareq,
Did you clean the slide and coverslip before using them? Either, or both look contaminated to me.
Hope this helps.
Peter.


Hi Peter,

to be honest, i only cleaned the slide, but i used new coverslip because i have so plenty of it, wasn't doing things serious so didn't want to through slides too, i still have a lot, but i want to have serious samples or specimen then i will start to use completely new slides and coverslips.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Ajman
janvangastel wrote:
I also had this once and I thought it was blood (blood sample on the slide). But it was just dirt on the cover slip. Even dirt can look nice under a microscope.


Ah ok, because honestly i couldn't see those at all until i used 40X objective honestly, if i used 4x or 10X those will be very tiny more and barely can be seen or noticed.

Thank you very much!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:34 pm
Posts: 198
TareqPhoto wrote:
Peter wrote:
Hi Tareq,
Did you clean the slide and coverslip before using them? Either, or both look contaminated to me.
Hope this helps.
Peter.


Hi Peter,

to be honest, i only cleaned the slide, but i used new coverslip because i have so plenty of it, wasn't doing things serious so didn't want to through slides too, i still have a lot, but i want to have serious samples or specimen then i will start to use completely new slides and coverslips.


Hi Tareq,
Do not rely on the new slides and coverslips being clean, they often are not. It is always safest to clean them before use.
Peter.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Ajman
Peter wrote:
TareqPhoto wrote:
Peter wrote:
Hi Tareq,
Did you clean the slide and coverslip before using them? Either, or both look contaminated to me.
Hope this helps.
Peter.


Hi Peter,

to be honest, i only cleaned the slide, but i used new coverslip because i have so plenty of it, wasn't doing things serious so didn't want to through slides too, i still have a lot, but i want to have serious samples or specimen then i will start to use completely new slides and coverslips.


Hi Tareq,
Do not rely on the new slides and coverslips being clean, they often are not. It is always safest to clean them before use.
Peter.


Not just that, i mean i did use the same slide after i did previous sample, by another mean i did re-use the slide, just i only changed the coverslip, so for that re-use i did wash the slide and then wiped it with cotton cloth.

I hope i can find a source of living cells somewhere, pond i think i don't see any around and i won't take that from let's say sewers[or sewage] or streets.

Will i find living moving cells or life from my body parts or remaining? i mean i tried once with blood but i never see anything moving, the only thing moving of that blood was it is getting dry, so i don't know where i can try to find living so i can take videos or images at least, i thought with my saliva while i am still sick i can see things moving, or even from my nose, but i don't know what made those cells dead once i put them between slides and coverslips without even staining them or clean anything previously, that is why i wash the slide as i don't like to waste and throw slide after slide trying to find moving living once, but i won't give up, i once saw that moving living interesting only from a dirty juice left for days maybe a week.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 1405
Microscopical life forms from the environment are far more diverse and amazing that those that come from body fluid. Leave your body out of this game and save yourself unnecessary concerns about your health. Need not look into sewers, either.
Every sea shore, any lake, any stream, any pond in the park contains small rapidly moving animals.
Alternatively:
A banana peel, or a bunch of hay (dry hay), left in an ordinary jar of water, or some decaying lettuce leaves,
or a small growing weed from the garden, pluck it with some roots (and very little soil) and put in water
or water from an aquarium -
within a week or less you will see a diversity of fast swimmers. Observable with a 10-40X objective.

_________________
Zeiss Standard GFL+Canon EOS-M10, Olympus VMZ stereo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Ajman
Hobbyst46 wrote:
Microscopical life forms from the environment are far more diverse and amazing that those that come from body fluid. Leave your body out of this game and save yourself unnecessary concerns about your health. Need not look into sewers, either.
Every sea shore, any lake, any stream, any pond in the park contains small rapidly moving animals.
Alternatively:
A banana peel, or a bunch of hay (dry hay), left in an ordinary jar of water, or some decaying lettuce leaves,
or a small growing weed from the garden, pluck it with some roots (and very little soil) and put in water
or water from an aquarium -
within a week or less you will see a diversity of fast swimmers. Observable with a 10-40X objective.


Ok, i have a garden, so i will play around with what i can use from there, i have one person who come to take care of the garden or wash my back[or front] yard, i will ask him to collect few weeds or leaves from the garden's floor and mix it with a tap water there into a jar or any glass container and leave it for several days and see, i hope this will guarantee me to have enough swimmers to be observed up to 40X, you are right, it will disappoint me more to use myself for samples and get nothing much there.

Thank you very much!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 1405
TareqPhoto wrote:
Hobbyst46 wrote:
Microscopical life forms from the environment are far more diverse and amazing that those that come from body fluid. Leave your body out of this game and save yourself unnecessary concerns about your health. Need not look into sewers, either.
Every sea shore, any lake, any stream, any pond in the park contains small rapidly moving animals.
Alternatively:
A banana peel, or a bunch of hay (dry hay), left in an ordinary jar of water, or some decaying lettuce leaves,
or a small growing weed from the garden, pluck it with some roots (and very little soil) and put in water
or water from an aquarium -
within a week or less you will see a diversity of fast swimmers. Observable with a 10-40X objective.


Ok, i have a garden, so i will play around with what i can use from there, i have one person who come to take care of the garden or wash my back[or front] yard, i will ask him to collect few weeds or leaves from the garden's floor and mix it with a tap water there into a jar or any glass container and leave it for several days and see, i hope this will guarantee me to have enough swimmers to be observed up to 40X, you are right, it will disappoint me more to use myself for samples and get nothing much there.

Thank you very much!
Good luck! BTW, I personally prepared the banana peel "cold stew" many times and it produces paramecia in quantities.

_________________
Zeiss Standard GFL+Canon EOS-M10, Olympus VMZ stereo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What is this?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Ajman
Hobbyst46 wrote:
TareqPhoto wrote:
Hobbyst46 wrote:
Microscopical life forms from the environment are far more diverse and amazing that those that come from body fluid. Leave your body out of this game and save yourself unnecessary concerns about your health. Need not look into sewers, either.
Every sea shore, any lake, any stream, any pond in the park contains small rapidly moving animals.
Alternatively:
A banana peel, or a bunch of hay (dry hay), left in an ordinary jar of water, or some decaying lettuce leaves,
or a small growing weed from the garden, pluck it with some roots (and very little soil) and put in water
or water from an aquarium -
within a week or less you will see a diversity of fast swimmers. Observable with a 10-40X objective.


Ok, i have a garden, so i will play around with what i can use from there, i have one person who come to take care of the garden or wash my back[or front] yard, i will ask him to collect few weeds or leaves from the garden's floor and mix it with a tap water there into a jar or any glass container and leave it for several days and see, i hope this will guarantee me to have enough swimmers to be observed up to 40X, you are right, it will disappoint me more to use myself for samples and get nothing much there.

Thank you very much!
Good luck! BTW, I personally prepared the banana peel "cold stew" many times and it produces paramecia in quantities.


I think if i am not mistaken that the dirty juice or garbage thrown juice was actually of banana or mixed fruit with banana, and i saw too many moving live under the microscope almost in shape look like paramecium or kind of, so maybe i will do this idea too one day, i don't know if there is a section for that here but it will be nice to have one where members or even the admin can list many things we can do to prepare a microscopic life samples without moving around outside, let's say most like home maid samples if possible, this may help some beginners like me, sometimes we are here from my country aren't so smart or creative to think better way to get things or to make things done, it is likely we want things as fully prepared for us without moving much or working hard, that is why i bought 2 prepared samples/slides packages from online.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited