Chydorus with eggs

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
tonikon

Chydorus with eggs

#1 Post by tonikon » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi everyone,
once again, I returned to the "Chydorus theme" ... this time, I have photographed a female with two large eggs.
The first photo is the "original", with a mixed lighting of BF and 3D ... the second photo is a slightly "Photoshopped" version that simulates the appearance of the dark field photograhy.
Attachments
Chydorus with eggs BF.jpg
Chydorus with eggs BF.jpg (157.88 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
Chydorus with eggs DF.jpg
Chydorus with eggs DF.jpg (144.07 KiB) Viewed 1531 times

Plasmid

Re: Chydorus with eggs

#2 Post by Plasmid » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:16 pm

That second picture deserves a print and frame, wonderful , thank you for sharing.

75RR

#3 Post by 75RR » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:28 pm

tonikon wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:05 pm
The first photo is the "original", with a mixed lighting of BF and 3D ... the second photo is a slightly "Photoshopped" version that simulates the appearance of the dark field photograhy.
I think that the common thread that runs through each established illumination technique is that it provides information and hence an insight that had not been available before.

In that sense, your post-editing, as long as it provides additional and potentially useful information can be said to be a valid procedure.

Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

tonikon

#4 Post by tonikon » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:36 pm

Thanks for your generous compliments, Plasmid and thanks to you too 75RR for your helpful comment.
In fact, I also think that a "conservative" post-production that provides more easily identifiable information, without "lying" about the actual structure of the subject, is scientifically quite acceptable.