Busy Day in the Puddle

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
DonSchaeffer

Busy Day in the Puddle

#1 Post by DonSchaeffer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_mnqRA2UTU
The mud puddle has a new species of residents, pretty ones that look like flowers.

MickH

Re: Busy Day in the Puddle

#2 Post by MickH » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:28 pm

Hi Don. I always enjoy watching your videos, they have a different aesthetic to those shared by many other contributors here on the forum. Yours contain an element of mystery leaving room for the viewer to make their own interpretation of what’s in front of them. Without intending to cause offence to you and the other contributors, yours are less ‘clinical’ and (to me) offer a different point of view.
Cheers 👍🏼
Aging novice.

DonSchaeffer

#3 Post by DonSchaeffer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:35 pm

Thanks Mick. I was trained in sciences, but I am an artist. Artists love mysteries, don't want to kill them like scientists do.

dtsh

#4 Post by dtsh » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:51 pm

DonSchaeffer wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:35 pm
Thanks Mick. I was trained in sciences, but I am an artist. Artists love mysteries, don't want to kill them like scientists do.
While I think I understand what you mean, I balk at the idea that science (or scientists for that matter) kill mysteries, I think it deepens them. The surface becomes understandable and with that understaning we are presented with a whole new set of questions to ponder and mysteries to unravel. The deeper you go into understanding, the deeper the questions and insights. An onion skin on it's surface has a beauty as does the organization of the cells and the internals of those cells as well; appreciating and understanding them doesnt lessen that, at least not to me. I think there's plenty of mystery and wonder for us all, at every level of understanding.

MickH

#5 Post by MickH » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:28 pm

@dtsh I know what you mean. There's a phrase sometimes attributed to Aristotle that goes, "The more you know, the more you realize you don't know."
Aging novice.

DonSchaeffer

#6 Post by DonSchaeffer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:36 pm

Yikes! I don't mean to diminish scientists! My memory of psychology education (I'm a social psychologist) was that it revolved around terms like Predict and Control. The maddening part was that many of the big shots thought they could.