Ciliate at high framerates(1400+ fps)

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
Topcode

Ciliate at high framerates(1400+ fps)

#1 Post by Topcode » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:09 am

A couple days back I provided some gifs of some Spirillum at high frame rates, but while it was neat to see them. They didn't really do too much interesting stuff. But now, I've got more, bigger too. This bad boy is some type of ciliate, with amazing patterns of motion up and down its body, in such beauty of coordination. These clips were recorded sequentially, not simultaneously.

In the 1 minute of this video, only one second of real time passed for the slow motion clips. I recommend you play at 4k, even on a lower resolution screen, just for the bitrate.

Free2Fish

Re: Ciliate at high framerates(1400+ fps)

#2 Post by Free2Fish » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:17 am

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.
So you’re getting these high frame rates by sampling only a small portion of the sensor for each frame? I’ll have to go back to your original post to try figure out what’s going on.
Harry

Topcode

Re: Ciliate at high framerates(1400+ fps)

#3 Post by Topcode » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:12 pm

Free2Fish wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:17 am
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.
So you’re getting these high frame rates by sampling only a small portion of the sensor for each frame? I’ll have to go back to your original post to try figure out what’s going on.
Harry
Yes, but it is slightly more complicated than just a smaller portion of the sensor. Only the number of vertical pixels actually matters, horizontally, it doesnt matter if you have 10 or 1000, its gonna have basically no impact, as long as you are not limited by connection or data processing speeds. So I used the full horizontal resolution, and In post I then cropped the image down horizontally to only the area of the creature.