Internet Problem

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
DonSchaeffer

Internet Problem

#1 Post by DonSchaeffer » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:37 pm

My internet provider decided to upgrade its services. I couldn't get the new site installed because I couldn't get the old password right (I guess I lost it). They are not patient about such problems. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I am just an ditzy old man but I love you guys.

Free2Fish

Re: Internet Problem

#2 Post by Free2Fish » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:28 pm

Hey Don, did you get your issue sorted out? I'm not sure I understand what the problem is since you did post to the forum. But that may be because I'm also a ditzy old man.
Cheers, Harry

DonSchaeffer

#3 Post by DonSchaeffer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:21 pm

Dear Harry. Thanks for your reply. I had a stroke about a year ago which affects my memory. Internet-wise I was ok until two weeks ago when the internet company I have used for my videos decided to upgrade and changed the address and passwords. Because of the stroke my memory failed and I can't get the password right so I can longer upload videos. They have no patience for people like me. If you know a site I can use I would be grateful. Unless I can get that sorted out I can't post any more videos. I'm 84 and age is pressing on me.

MichaelG.

#4 Post by MichaelG. » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:53 pm

Hello, Don

I have just looked-back at some of your videos … they appear to be on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/@DonSchaeffer-ew3dz

Sorry … I don’t use it myself, so can’t help regarding your log-in problem.

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

Free2Fish

#5 Post by Free2Fish » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:16 pm

DonSchaeffer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:21 pm
Dear Harry. Thanks for your reply. I had a stroke about a year ago which affects my memory. Internet-wise I was ok until two weeks ago when the internet company I have used for my videos decided to upgrade and changed the address and passwords. Because of the stroke my memory failed and I can't get the password right so I can longer upload videos. They have no patience for people like me. If you know a site I can use I would be grateful. Unless I can get that sorted out I can't post any more videos. I'm 84 and age is pressing on me.
Hi Don,
When I post videos I post them directly to YouTube itself, I don't go through an intermediary site. As Michael pointed out, you have a YouTube account and should be able to post videos there. Why not try going to your site as provided in Michael's post and add a video. If you've lost that password there must be a way of retrieving it or changing it.
Harry

DonSchaeffer

#6 Post by DonSchaeffer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:14 pm

Wow! Thanks a lot. I didn't know you could do that. With the aid of my son, I did find the old software just this afternoon and installed it. I think I'm back. If it doesn't work--or even if it does, I will try to get back up this afternoon. Thank God for friends and family.

DonSchaeffer

#7 Post by DonSchaeffer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:54 pm

I found my old file and can use the password I know from then. I am back! Thanks for your wonderful support.