onion cells under microscope

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
mr micro

onion cells under microscope

#1 Post by mr micro » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:07 am

hello guys

some classic 8-) onion cells under my microscope ( lomo biolam ) at 56x and 315x
hope you enjoy.

don't forget to subscribe
thanks

mrsonchus

Re: onion cells under microscope

#2 Post by mrsonchus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Another nice example mrmicro - you're off to a good solid start I'd say! :D
Keep up the good work, it's great to see your progress.

p.s. Have you had a look over the late Mr W. Dioni's work featured in this website? I started from scratch by following his fine examples.

Well done, good cleanly presented work.

John B. :)
John B

billbillt

#3 Post by billbillt » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Good to hear from you again, John B.!..

BillT

mr micro

#4 Post by mr micro » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:15 pm

thank you guys so much for this encouraging words
i really appreciate it .

wait for some crazy creatures videos (from my aquarium ) in the next couple days 8-) .
p.s. Have you had a look over the late Mr W. Dioni's work featured in this website? I started from scratch by following his fine examples
iam not very Familiar with mr W. Dioni's work can you give me links for some of his posts.

thanks again.

billbillt

#5 Post by billbillt » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Start here:

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/ind ... asite.html

He has a lot more on there...

BillT

mr micro

#6 Post by mr micro » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:57 pm

billbillt wrote:Start here:

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/ind ... asite.html

He has a lot more on there...

BillT
thanks billT

mrsonchus

#7 Post by mrsonchus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 pm

billbillt wrote:Good to hear from you again, John B.!..

BillT
Aha! Hi Bill!
Yes, we've just returned from yet another stay in the Yorkshire hills! My Darling Wife lets me take a 'scope (sometimes two... :oops: ) with us - together with a 'small tissue collecting kit' and a mountain of books! What a fine lass she is. :D
I spent a little time exploring the gardens of the cottage and found there to be a thriving and really quite extensive mono-clonal patch of the elusive (around our area that is to say) 'Fox & Cubs' AKA Pilosella aurantiaca - yes, It's another weed!

Also I've been able to add Sonchus.arvensis to the infamous Sonchus.oleraceus and Sonchus.asper specimens collected and sampled in my lab (and of course featured seemingly-endlessly in my early adventures and posts here...). There's best-part of a whole plant sitting in various jars of FAA now, along-side the other two species.
I've a feeling I'm going to be pretty busy with the mighty Shandon soon! :D

I'm also battling the super-hard tissues of the dratted Sunflower-stem - pity they're so difficult as they have quite spectacular secondary vasculature complete with quite massive bundle-fibers.

I'm also studying the branching-patterns of mosses, and have been for a couple of months now. The distinction between so-called monopodial and sympodial branching, coupled with the position of the perichaetia, is highly valuable as a taxonomic resource but takes a lot of very detailed study, and lots of plain-old practice! Supremely rewarding and enjoyable though! :D :D

I've developed quite an interest also in the variability of leaf-form of the individual plant, another great aid to ID and taxonomic understanding for me I find. Apparently the term is 'heteroblasty' - really quite fascinating when seen 'in the flesh' as it were... Also can be very noteworthy with moss classification and ID when I can actually see the truly tiny signs of this along a moss-stem.

I've many slides made and am currently cutting some longitudinal (ideally tangential) Sunflower-stem sections, with limited but increasing (slowly) success (in terms of the actual morphological-detail captured). Unfortunately one good section-plane and subsequent slide produced may only amount to about 1-2% of a batch - very time-consuming and labour-intensive, but worth the effort for a permanent mount I think!

So much on-the-go, I really must post perhaps a few images as I do have quite a few beautiful preparations/slides that folk may like to have a look at.

Always following the forum several times a day usually, keeping very busy, but mainly with projects that most may find a little bit dull I fear. Mind-you, I have been thinking about some demos of 'slide-surfing' sessions just to show how much 'is in there' when a slide is really examined closely - that would be fun to do I think. I really must get something ready for the forum, I've neglected my posts awfully of late, in spite of my busyness in the world of plant anatomy! :oops: :oops:

Good to hear from you Bill. :D :D :)

Hopefully back soon with a post or two.
John B. :)
John B

billbillt

#8 Post by billbillt » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Thanks, John.. I am looking forward to whatever you are working on and care to post!.. I enjoy everything that you write about... All that you share is of the utmost interest to me.. Your material is presented so well, it is as I am there observing!...

The Best,
BillT