It’s all witchcraft to me

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
Onamatappear

It’s all witchcraft to me

#1 Post by Onamatappear » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Hello Everyone,

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject but I have just recently inherited a collection of items.
I have done some research but it feels like I’m learning a whole new language and have become quite baffled which is why I’m reaching out.
I have taken lots of pictures of all items and was wondering what they are, what they do, which items go with which, which items are missing bits.
I’m now at a loss do any help would be appreciated .
Thanks in advance.

Nance

Re: It’s all witchcraft to me

#2 Post by Nance » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Hey, I can empathize - just learning the language myself - but it is very exciting. would love to see photos of all your bits and pieces. I am thinking there are a lot of people on this site that would love to help put you on the path to better understanding. :)

Onamatappear

#3 Post by Onamatappear » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm

All pictures have been uploaded onto easy zoom.
My easyzoom profile is Wizards-sleeve
Preferably I would like to add a link here do you can go direct but not sure how to

Onamatappear

#4 Post by Onamatappear » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Charles

#5 Post by Charles » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:10 pm

There is no cosistant numbering so I will assume them fall in order.

#3-9: is a Reichert photo adapter
#17: which are the two large round objects are Zeiss lamphouses used for HBO or high pressure mercury lights.
#18-19 is a 6V Zeiss lamp which can be used for Zeiss Standard microscopes
#20&22: Zeiss Standard microscope, probably model 14 or 15
#21,23,24: Zeiss Ultraphot
#25-33: Zeiss Inverted microscope with various attachments for camera or lighting
#35-37: Zeiss power and photo regulator and it's cords.
The last three is a Zeiss Photomicroscope I.
All of the microscopes are incomplete with missing viewing heads, objectives, stages, condensers etc.

Onamatappear

#6 Post by Onamatappear » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Are these items worthy of the bin or usable?

Charles

#7 Post by Charles » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:03 pm

They are all probably usable, depending on how much time/money you want to spend fixing them up and finding replacement parts. The most complete one is the Zeiss 405 IM, the inverted microscope. You just need some objectives and a 12V power supply for the 12V lamp. You might be able to use the power/photo regulator for the Photomicroscope I. You can sell them for parts if you don't want to keep them. A lot of the photo accessories are used for film cameras and are not usually desired since most are going to DSLR.

Onamatappear

#8 Post by Onamatappear » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:27 am

Hi Everyone.
Domestic relations are being jeopardised having all that stuff so I need some justification for not throwing it in the bin or taking to a charity shop.
I am hoping I can provide a set up of some description for the kids to encourage an interest and generate some funds with the rest.
I have re-numbered all the images and was hoping someone could take pity and illuminate me on what these items are, what they are, what they do, complete or incomplete?
https://easyzoom.com/manage/images/107360
Any help is much appreciated
Best